Olivia asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 9 years ago

Poems poems poems poems ?

how do people come up with ideas to write a poem?

Favorite Answer

when i write i do it when i have intense emotion and almost have (sorry for the vulgar image) verbal vomit on my notepad then i leave it, make tea, come back read over it but do not change it , go do something else then go back over an hour later to refine and define my ideas and replace unsuited wording or phrases :) good luck

• Mark

when I write I never use the term verbal vomit, it always seems so out of sonnet if you will and seems to trample every verse and every mood kill,

no I prefer to use this clever term with words that sear, I usually employ the term verbal diarrhea

verbal vomit has a way of getting to the point but verbal diarrhea seems to take the critics noses swiftly out of joint,

leaving some with half amused smiles and wondering what has happened to the grandness and beauty of the poets style

I think that verbal vomit conveys a thought so well but verbal diarrhea has the power to send the piece de resistance straight to hell.

so in my choice of terms to use in prose, I feel that verbal vomit should be use to keep one on their toes where as verbal diarrhea never fails to make the critics hold their nose

I looked up the patron saint of lawyers and paraphrased wikipedia in verse. Try it some time, it is a blast making poetry out of "found text".

well for me.Inspiration. I would listen to music or look around my surroundings. Or when i have emotions that overcome me i would write about that. sometimes if its a given topic i could easily do that.

life experiences and just seeing things around

i use memories and experiences check em out. www.stormsicle.blogspot.com email me to let me know what u think

imagination