Best way to travel to Seychelles?

I'm doing a project from my French 3 class on traveling to other countries and what do to in these countries and I was wondering what would be the best route to travel from Richmond, Virginia to Mahé, Seychelles? What countries/cities should I make flight connections in? Also, if you don't mind,... show more I'm doing a project from my French 3 class on traveling to other countries and what do to in these countries and I was wondering what would be the best route to travel from Richmond, Virginia to Mahé, Seychelles?

What countries/cities should I make flight connections in? Also, if you don't mind, recommending airlines to take to get there.

I'm only a high school student so I've never planned at trip out of state, let alone out of the country, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Update: ----
Thank you, guys, but I am already aware of of the fact the an airplane is the best way to get there. What I need to know is WHICH CONNECTIONS to make in which countries/cities.