Why was I called a racist?

Okay, I am 17 years old in high school. I am very outspoken and will speak my mind, im of irish/italian descent, from brooklyn and im pretty big 6'1 195 lbs. anyway a few times my "african american" teacher called me a racist, because during history class i said "blacks like to complain about... show more Okay, I am 17 years old in high school. I am very outspoken and will speak my mind, im of irish/italian descent, from brooklyn and im pretty big 6'1 195 lbs. anyway a few times my "african american" teacher called me a racist, because during history class i said "blacks like to complain about their past, what about how irish and italians were discriminated against? why is that not in history books?" it went a step further after i broke up a fight between a black and white student and the black student called the white kid a cracker and i said "if you said that in my neighborhood you would not walk out alive, your real tough around your homies huh" and me and him were to fight and he shouted to "ur lucky your lil boyfriend was there to save u." he ratted me out saying i called him a racial name... what is this?? why are blacks always doing things like this? and why are irish and italians always made out to be the big bad racist inner city hooligans as they are stereotyped in movies. i dont understand this. we face the same isues as other white peopl
Update: lol why not??? they call me "white boy" "cracka" "italian" "irish" they think im in the mafia or have connections cuz im italian or if i say im irish that im drunk... why cant i call them black? they dont get special treatment from me.... i call it as i see it. BLACK. im white theyre black. they dont call me... show more lol why not??? they call me "white boy" "cracka" "italian" "irish" they think im in the mafia or have connections cuz im italian or if i say im irish that im drunk... why cant i call them black? they dont get special treatment from me.... i call it as i see it. BLACK. im white theyre black. they dont call me CAUCASIAN OR EUROPEAN
Update 2: I understand that GinUwinLady. its just sometimes i feel that irish who were also enslaved, italians who were also lynched gets overided. and when i get called white boy, or racist. it pisses me off. in brooklyn the only whites are ethnics mostly italians, irish, jews, polish, russians, greeks, albanians, germans.... show more I understand that GinUwinLady. its just sometimes i feel that irish who were also enslaved, italians who were also lynched gets overided. and when i get called white boy, or racist. it pisses me off. in brooklyn the only whites are ethnics mostly italians, irish, jews, polish, russians, greeks, albanians, germans. and there has always been issues like neighborhood fights liek u seen in Bronx Tale between whites and blacks but never anything in like down south. we both live in lower/lower middle class blue collar inner city neighborhoods, and i think while we do have similar struggles, the racial tensions are a lil high still not nearly as bad as they used to be back in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s tho