Anonymous

Why was I called a racist?

Okay, I am 17 years old in high school. I am very outspoken and will speak my mind, im of irish/italian descent, from brooklyn and im pretty big 6'1 195 lbs. anyway a few times my "african american" teacher called me a racist, because during history class i said "blacks like to complain about their past, what about how irish and italians were discriminated against? why is that not in history books?" it went a step further after i broke up a fight between a black and white student and the black student called the white kid a cracker and i said "if you said that in my neighborhood you would not walk out alive, your real tough around your homies huh" and me and him were to fight and he shouted to "ur lucky your lil boyfriend was there to save u." he ratted me out saying i called him a racial name... what is this?? why are blacks always doing things like this? and why are irish and italians always made out to be the big bad racist inner city hooligans as they are stereotyped in movies. i dont understand this. we face the same isues as other white peopl

lol why not??? they call me "white boy" "cracka" "italian" "irish" they think im in the mafia or have connections cuz im italian or if i say im irish that im drunk... why cant i call them black? they dont get special treatment from me.... i call it as i see it. BLACK. im white theyre black. they dont call me CAUCASIAN OR EUROPEAN

I understand that GinUwinLady. its just sometimes i feel that irish who were also enslaved, italians who were also lynched gets overided. and when i get called white boy, or racist. it pisses me off. in brooklyn the only whites are ethnics mostly italians, irish, jews, polish, russians, greeks, albanians, germans. and there has always been issues like neighborhood fights liek u seen in Bronx Tale between whites and blacks but never anything in like down south. we both live in lower/lower middle class blue collar inner city neighborhoods, and i think while we do have similar struggles, the racial tensions are a lil high still not nearly as bad as they used to be back in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s tho

Favorite Answer

Maybe you should have worded your concerns better but I see where you're coming from - Africans, Italians and the Irish do all have something in common and it's the fact they've all been treated like s*^t in the U.S. at one point or another although I do think in today's society African Americans still have it worse (not horrible but there is still TONS of racism directed towards minorities it's just all swept under the rug). Honestly, in school it seems like you only ever learn the positive history not the horrible things that have happened over time.

Try to give black folks a break though - they're spent hundreds of years being knocked down solely based on their skin color and yes, some are still pretty bitter about it and considering racism towards blacks is still alive and well it's really no wonder. Now, I'm not condoning the racism from the black community but I do find it a bit funny when white people get up in arms about it - really? Blacks have endured it for centuries and whites can't take a couple years of "cracker" and "honky" which clearly do not have the same negative racial connotations as n****r does. In fact in my school some white kids called each other honky and cracker. If you're upset with anyone it should probably be white people of the past for breaking a race down so bad they're still mad about it to this day.

Source(s): Life.

we'll the main issue here would be your lack of sensitivity. your teacher was definitely wrong for calling you out in class like that."Why do blacks complain about their past?" why are blacks always doing things like this?" dude you sound racist! (that one would get you smacked around the right person.) maybe some black ppl do complain, but rightfully so Hell our ppl where enslaved and denied proper education for centuries! it's something that is apart of our heritage and should never be forgotten, no it shouldn't be used as an excuse or as a reason for hate but it's important to remember. Every other nationality came here of there own free will.Needless to say the Native Americans got shafted the worst by old uncle Sam, I'm sure they teach their children too. I have learned about the Irish and Asians being treated as second class so I don't know what history book your reading.furthermore, I understand the need to say "hard" things in a fight, but saying the guy would me "dead" was a bit much unless of coarse you meant it, if so you are a racist. ijs

How do whites know who is Italian or Irish or Russian since all them people are white and can assimilate into white america? If you cannot distinguish between a white gay man and a white straight man how can whites discriminate against one another? It sounds Psychoatic almost like a fairytale. Whites disciminate against religious affiliations.

u are racist for sayin that...

u said blacks and NOT any other race! u didnt say mexicans, jews, germans or any other race so of course you are racist whether your goanna say it or not...

and we never say italians/irish are bad guys [my step-dad is irish & i love him he's a great dad]...

our ancestors took almost 400 years of sh*t by being inslaved so of course we're goanna be a lil heated.. honestly we cant tell white people apart so dont feel like we're making italians/irish out to be the "bad guys"...

i ACTUALLY like people of different races, its pretty cool..

They call everyone a racist they disagree with. They also don't know the difference between racist and prejudice. Who gives a **** if they call you something you aren't anyway. They're shitty people regardless of race.

Because Blacks don't like to hear the truth.

Because you are racist. People dont get called racist for no reason.

first of all you don't call them BLACKS.. you can use their country name and talk about them eg, Africans or any other country but you do not say blacks.. i think this is why people say your racist.

"I am very outspoken and will speak my mind"

theres your answer.. NEXT

^ correct ^