Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Why do conservatives want Palestinians to leave their Ancestral Homeland of Palestine?
Don't they believe that people have a right to statehoold in their ancestral homeland?
a. Palestinians were not nomads - hence the name Palestine.
b. Palestinians lived in Palestine before Islam was founded.
c. No one has to "give up land". The Palestinians have the right to establish a state in their ancestral homeland of Palestine.
- wichitaor1Lv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. Palestine got its name, not from the modern day Palestinian people, but from what the Romans called the area.
2. There was no Palestinian state existed in the time before Islam, during the caliphates, through the Crusades, or within the Ottoman Empire.
3. Prior to 1967, the borders that President Obama wants, there was no Palestinian state. Those areas were under Egypt, Syria, and Jordan.
You have been told the last point several times. How many times do you need to be told "There never was a Palestinian state,"?
- Anna PLv 71 decade ago
- Most Palestinians are not Arabs, many are the descendents of Canaanites and other "ites" in the area. Arab Palestinians would be late comers.
- They should also be able to claim the East Bank of the Hashemite Kingdom (part of Jordan) as the West Bank of the Hashemite Kingdom (which is where the term originated).
- Muslim caliphates owned 90% or more of the land in the area for centuries. Many "Palestinians" left the new Israel because the Muslim rulers told them to leave so the Jews could be driven into the sea.
- the name Palestine is the Roman word for the area, hence a "colonial" term.
- toonistcar90Lv 61 decade ago
Most Palestinians are not Palestinians, they are ex patriot from other countries like Syria and others, and those lands were never their lands. They have been Israeli for thousands of years. That's just a fact.
If Palestinians pulled their crap they do on Israel on any Arab country, they would be a bad memory in short order.
- GoGo GirlsLv 71 decade ago
Since Jordon and Egypt got the lions share of that land, why are the Palestinians not demanding they give up land? The PLO is raking in billions with this upheaval. There is no incentive for them to have peace.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- SeanLv 71 decade ago
Israel isn't the Palestinians homeland; it was the homeland of the Canaanites.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
- mustagmeLv 71 decade ago
Technically, the Jewish people have a claim that began before Islam was even founded.
- 1 decade ago
Please cite an example of this as I do not know of a single conservative saying it.
In my opinion, and I am repeating myself, it is none of our business and we need to get out of it altogether. I frankly don't care if they bomb each other back to the stone age so long as we do not get involved in their problems.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
1) It was Israel's land
2) Israel won the land fair and square in a defensive war.
- Sacra VeritasLv 71 decade ago
They were nomads, they don't have an ancestral homeland.