I need braces but my insurance doesnt cover it, what do i do?

• S.K.
    Favorite Answer

Miss Angely, nearly all orthodontists have payment plans. Most require a down-payment, then a monthly payment. They will work out a payment plan that you can afford, often having you pay it off just as you're finished treatment.

Since braces are nearly always a cosmetic choice, it's rare for insurance to cover it. If you're the one paying, you'll probably need to get a part-time job.

I didn't get braces until college, when I could pay for about half of it myself. Orthodontists see a lot more adult patients than they once did, and it can be done at almost any point of your life.

Talk to your orthodontist and see if he can work out a payment plan.

Many places offer in house financing.

If you are over 18 and credit worthy, you can also consider payment plans thru dental financial services.

http://www.chasehealthadvance.com/patient-financin...

Good luck making an investment in your smile and future!

• rtfm

You save up for them, or you see if your orthodontist offers any kind of payment plan, or you charge them on your credit card, or you sign up for a service like GE Care Credit, or you do without.

You pay for the braces, yourself, using your money, without using insurance.

The same as you do when you need milk, eggs, clothes, tires, or anything else your insurance does not cover.

You do what most of the rest of the world does, and pay cash. If you don't have the cash handy, you need a job, or a second job, or a third job.

You save up enough money to pay for the orthodontia, and then proceed to have the services performed.

Pay for it or put it on a credit card/payment plan.

some orthodontists do payment plans...call around