Zoloft Will it really help with my anxiety?

My Dr prescribed it too me a while back and i never took it, well anxiety has deff kicked into full gear a couple weeks ago and is just getting worse so I had it filled today. Kinda of nervous about taking it but I need to do something because I blow up on everyone. If you have ever taken it, can you please let me... show more My Dr prescribed it too me a while back and i never took it, well anxiety has deff kicked into full gear a couple weeks ago and is just getting worse so I had it filled today. Kinda of nervous about taking it but I need to do something because I blow up on everyone. If you have ever taken it, can you please let me know if it helped, serious question btw thank you :)
Update: Thank you Mercy but obviously I cant just tell my DR what I want even though I have tried so is Zoloft going to help me
Update 2: I did try Lexapro and wellbut. lexapro made me literally almost kill my husband and wellbut well lets just say i was wayyyyy worse offffffff Dr yanked me off that faster than she wrote the script lol but thank you