What are the major pros and cons of suicide?

I'm not suicidal, but I used to be. I want to know what you of Y!A consider bad and what you of Y!A possibly consider good about dying by one's own hands.

Favorite Answer

Well in my opinion their are pros and cons... If you heard of dr. Death he was a doctor that helped assist suicide.. But not he's in jail... I think the only place that's actually legal is swiitzerland...

The cons: there are many resasons why it is wrong..it could be religion, personal belief or many others, the reason why suicide is a con is because it usually done when a person is in a mental where they are not thinking straight.. Not only that by when u commite suicide it not only affects u but the people around you...

The pros::

There are some pros for example people who are physically sick or in extreme pain may want to kill themselves... People suffering for leukemia or other worst type of cancer.. Maybe can't afford the healthcare and family is having a hard time trying to keep them alive.. .. Or a person completely parayazlied may also want to kill themselves... I mean think about guises type of people isn't it alot worst for them?

Before u think of committing suicide think of people in worst situations that there going and still surviving, while ur wondering why there still alive... Those people I think are the strong ones... Maybe not physically but mentally...

• Major con - Your dead, and most of the time what you feel suicidal about could be fixed and helped by a psyciatrist

Dying by ones own hands however is sed to be less painful than any other way. But really don't even consider it.

Cons: It might hurt. You might mess it up and ruin yourself for life. It is permanent if you do the job right and you won't be around to see if things might have gotten better. They usually do. Have seen a lots of people botch suicides in my long EMS career. Very sad endings sometimes, with a much worse life afterward.

Pros: Can't think of any.

Source(s): 22 year paramedic
  • Tigger

There are zero Pros to suicide, only Cons.

Being dead at your own hands is complete turmoils for your friends and family

PROS:

i suppose you're out of suffering..

CONS:

permanent, it will never be taken back.

leaves behind a lot of people who might go the same way because they can't handle the guilt and the questions.

some of the people you love won't have a .. high opinion of you after that choice is made, because it can seem quite selfish.

painful.

you might go to hell for it.

the afterlife, if there is one, could be way worse.

you could be resucitated, and have to live with disabilites or brain damage.

PROS: No more suffering I suppose

CONS: 1. If you have people that care abut you, they will suffer knowing they could'nt help you

2. You'd never know if something could have been done to solve your problems

• ?

There is nothing good about suicide