Why Does Atheism Fail?...?

...Here's a few reasons: Me: "What is allegedly illogical about Christianity?" (Key term = "logic") The Atheists respond: "Logic states that a snake cannot talk and a person cannot live inside a whale."* (This answer, from 'Jedi Groundhog,' received 8... show more ...Here's a few reasons:

Me: "What is allegedly illogical about Christianity?" (Key term = "logic")

The Atheists respond: "Logic states that a snake cannot talk and a person cannot live inside a whale."* (This answer, from 'Jedi Groundhog,' received 8 thumbs-up).

*It should be noted logic does not say that snakes cannot talk. As a matter of fact, even an atheist philosopher like David Hume, using his Problem of Induction as a backdrop, would say that such a conclusion is itself illogical. In other words, equating "our experience never shows us a snake talking" with "it is logically impossible that snakes can talk" is, ironically, illogical.

Another Atheist response: "I don't care if you go on to claim that you aren't a creationist, that is still a type of Christian belief and therefore a valid response [in calling Christianity 'illogical']"** (This comment, from 'Nihil,' also received 8 thumbs-up).

**Applying the beliefs of one sect of Christianity to the whole of Christianity is itself illogical (note the recurring irony in the Atheist's answers). Consider the following:

-Republicans have stupid policies
-Republicans are Americans
-All Americans have stupid policies.

Does the conclusion follow? According to Nihil's arguments, yes, it should.

Hopefully now Atheists on here have a better idea of what "logic" is. So, let us try this again: What, in Christianity, defies, violates, or goes against logic?
Update: @Paulina - It's not a Straw-Man. These are examples of Atheist's answers here on YA - R & S. See for yourself: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...
Update 2: @Paulina - I don't even hold to a literal interpretation of Genesis, but, to play Devil's advocate, I'll ask: Can you prove, from logic, that snakes never had a voice box? The problem is that you, like many others, are mish-mashing current scientific observations with what is, is not, or can be logically possible. show more @Paulina - I don't even hold to a literal interpretation of Genesis, but, to play Devil's advocate, I'll ask: Can you prove, from logic, that snakes never had a voice box? The problem is that you, like many others, are mish-mashing current scientific observations with what is, is not, or can be logically possible.
Update 3: @Red - It is not the purpose of my question to argue about God's existence. A Straw-Man is a false representation of your opponent's position that you proceed to "refute." I am not doing that here. All the examples I gave are actual answers I received. Seriously, have any of you taken a Philosophy of Logic class??... show more @Red - It is not the purpose of my question to argue about God's existence. A Straw-Man is a false representation of your opponent's position that you proceed to "refute." I am not doing that here. All the examples I gave are actual answers I received.

Seriously, have any of you taken a Philosophy of Logic class?? Good grief..
Update 4: @Red - You cannot conclude from that that snakes never had a voice box. See Hume's "Problem of Induction" that I mentioned above.
Update 5: @Dusty - Christianity does not say "all things are created." We say "Everything that began to exist has a cause."
Update 6: @Neil - Omnipotence does not mean that God can do the logically impossible (such as create a round square or, in this case, a being more powerful than He.) Therefore, your idea of omnipotence is wrong and your logic fails.
Update 7: @Red - Again, the point of my question is not to argue God's existence. Do I really have to repost that answer for you? I mean, it's right there posted above. The point of this post, here and now, is o show the failure of atheists in their lack of understanding of logic whilst trying to argue that other's worldview... show more @Red - Again, the point of my question is not to argue God's existence. Do I really have to repost that answer for you? I mean, it's right there posted above. The point of this post, here and now, is o show the failure of atheists in their lack of understanding of logic whilst trying to argue that other's worldview is illogical. As for the rest of your rant, sorry if logic is burdensome for you.
Update 8: @Red says "I said that we can look through the fossil record and see there is no voicebox present in any of the reptilian fossils we have." Since you know that this does not prove that snakes never had a voice box, and that thus it does not follow that it is logically incoherent that snakes should/could talk, what... show more @Red says "I said that we can look through the fossil record and see there is no voicebox present in any of the reptilian fossils we have."

Since you know that this does not prove that snakes never had a voice box, and that thus it does not follow that it is logically incoherent that snakes should/could talk, what is the point of your mentioning the fossil record? You are deliberately misleading and making irrelevant statements.

Cry "Straw-Man" all you want, I know my logic and I didn't "strawman" you even once.
Update 9: @Red - No, I didn't say snakes could at one point talk. I said it is not logically incoherent to say that. You would think at this point you would accept that you failed and move on. But oh well...
Update 10: @Neil - I'm not using logic to make up a definition. Omnipotence simply means that God is all-powerful. "All-powerful" does not mean "can do logically impossible things." Again, the problem is with your understanding of omnipotence.
Update 11: @Red says "It is, because there's no evidence they ever could. That's like saying it's not logically incoherent to assume that at one point, man could flap his arms and fly."

Red, you are not trained in Philosophy, and you are making that painfully clear. Thanks for your time.
Update 12: @Red says "'Anything' would have to include bending the very laws of physics and even logical deduction itself" What a surprise, Red. You're ignorant of theology as well. Well, thank you for presuming to speak on philosophy, logic, and, now, theology without having the foggiest about any of these topics. No, my... show more @Red says "'Anything' would have to include bending the very laws of physics and even logical deduction itself"

What a surprise, Red. You're ignorant of theology as well. Well, thank you for presuming to speak on philosophy, logic, and, now, theology without having the foggiest about any of these topics. No, my poor deluded fellow, omnipotence does not mean that God can do anything. It means that there is no limit to His power. Therefore, He won't get tired; there isn't a task that is too hard for Him. When it comes to logic, it is not 'stamina and difficulty' that hinder a being, but 'possible and impossible.'

That's my last response to you for tonight. I feel like I'm wasting time at this point.