Muslims how misguided are the "Quranist" cult?

The "Quran Alone" people follow Rashad Khalifa, a guy who called himself a prophet of God in the 80's, who advocated hadith rejection. This cult has NUMEROUS branches and is gaining popularity among uneducated Muslims in the poor parts of the world (as well as those liberal, secular Muslims) and are the cause of alot of confusion among ordinary Muslims (like they say hijab isn't mandatory). Whenever you try to explain to them how they've been decieved by Satan into following a false man, they throw fits and... get this... they say the majority of Muslims are hell bound because we follow hadith!!! LOL

It should be noted the Quran commands us Muslims to honor, respect and FOLLOW Muhammed pbuh. That means follow Hadith. The Quranists don't even write PBUH. They barely even mention the Prophet that was sent to guide mankind 1430 years ago. So they can't even follow the Quran properly.

@Arqam

No the Quranists don't belong to any denomination. This was a cult created in the 80's and has grown. Submission.org was the first site and now there's several more.

Though its estimated the amount of followers is no more than 1000.

there is no hadith that speaks of pornography or racism. Remember theres reliable and unreliable hadith

The word messanger and prophet are the SAME thing. Rashad Khalifa put his OWN NAME in the Quran.

Quranists are well known for their mis-interpretations. When the Quran spoke about the majority being wrong, it spoke of NON-MUSLIMS. Man you guys are just as bad as the ones who purposely misquote Islam for personal gain.

I'd like the cult members to analyze themselves. You follow a movement that began in the 80's. Ever since Islam started we've been following hadith because thats what the Quran commands us to do. Early scholars and companions of the Prophet pbuh analyzed all of Muhammed's pbuh words and actions and recorded them. Most of the hadith come from Aisha, she's the first credited scholar in Islam.

Follow your own desires Quranists, you'll HEAVILY regret this on judgment day.

And BTW, no the Quranist cult do not get ANY support from educated Muslims. Funny, there's no Quran Al

• Amanda
    Best Answer

I live in Arizona where Rashad Khalifa was educated, so there are a LOT of Quranists here. I was almost tricked by them when I first reverted because I didn't know any better. A brother on Facebook saw me get something wrong in a status, luckily, and explained to me the path I was on. They're a tricky group!

• Shah

Well I am among those misguided :)))))

And I think they are far better than the so called guided Muslims.

And just a correction. They are gaining popularity among the MUCH MORE EDUCATED and INFORMED Muslims as well as INFORMED Christians and Jews. Of course none of us considers the uninformed Muslims of any value ! :)))

Coming to your point :

1- Rashad declared himself as a Rasool (Messenger) and never as a Nabi (prophet). This is a vital correction that you need, before you quote it stupidly. It reveals your own ignorance and disinformation. Try to put some weight in your arguments. With such fake statements you are only going to get popularity among the idiots. And you may be aware that such a popularity is worthless.

2- You said:

//It should be noted the Quran commands us Muslims to honor, respect and FOLLOW Muhammed pbuh. That means follow Hadith. The Quranists don't even write PBUH. They barely even mention the Prophet that was sent to guide mankind 1430 years ago. So they can't even follow the Quran properly.//

Just a few small questions for you:

1- How do you know that whatever you are told as Hadeeth is actually coming from Mohammad. Do you have any proof ? If you are so sure, show me your proof for ANY hadeeth.

2- If today the devil walks through the door with a turban on his head and tells you that "Qaala rasoolalah -e- wasalam .......etc. '. Would you believe that !! or would you take it as hadeeth.

In the end, just one small but vital advice:

Learn to use your brain !

Source(s): Reformist Submitter (Quranist) "God Alone, Quran Alone"

Dear Asker,

It appears you have incorrectly labeled this cult as "Quranist" when in fact they are called "Submitters", a name that Rashad Khalifa claimed to be the English translation of "Muslims". They do not actually follow the Quran, they follow a book written by Rashad Khalifa called "Quran, The Final Testament: Authorized English Version" which contains an erroneous interpretation of the Quran as well as footnotes and appendices detailing extra-quranic teachings (read: teachings not found in the Quran)..

Quranists are not followers of Rashad Khalifa. Quranists study the original Quran, in Arabic, and follow the principle that the Quran is fully-detailed (muffasil) and self-explanatory. Quranists are able to analyze verses of the Quran by using Quran concordances such as www.corpus.quran.com and http://www.studyquran.co.uk/PRLonline.htm and examine all occurrences of the root word throughout the entire Quran to better understand the concept. This method has led to a greater understanding and enlightenment for Quranists.

Additionally, Quranists recognize the plurality of paths to God and as a result they are tolerant of other approaches to peaceful existence. This very important aspect is often ignored by some so-called "Muslims" even though the Quran declares that there is no compulsion in religion and encourages making peace with neighbors.

Peace and love to you all. If you would like to read more about Quranism, please visit www.quranists.net.

Source(s): www.quranists.net

I think Rashad Khalifa is a stick used by the Mullah brigade to beat anybody that challenges the tall claims of the Hadith peddlers. Well over 90% of the so called Quranist have nothing to do with Rashad Khalifa but I guess you knew that :). In all probability your position resemble that of a sect member who must tow the party line.

Most of us are not against any instructions left for us by Prophet Mohammad Pbuh. Since the Prophet followed the Quran to the letter that is why we will not settle for anything less than those Hadith that fulfill the Quranic standard of claims, that would be four upright witnesses from their respective communities at each rung of the Isnad chain. Blind belief in "scholars force you to break the exclusivity of belief reserved for God alone.

No, your are dead wrong when you say "That means follow Hadith" that means to follow what the Prophet Pbuh was following, the Quran.

After researching the issue thoroughly, I and many other researchers have come to the conclusion that all the authentic Hadith will fit on a two pager. Luckily for us, once we see past the sect centric marketing slogans, the Quran has been perfectly preserved for us by God Himself and by using our God given faculties of reason and logic plus a passion for research, we can find all the answers in it.

You are welcome to read my short post on the http://lifecheat.blogspot.com/2011/05/role-of-comm...

If you really believe the dissenting voices started in the 80s then you must be blind to Islamic history as well.

Your question is biased so even if you get the correct answer you will say "LOL" dude you are misguided or kaafir or bla bla bla. You are inclined to see a side and you wont be seeing the other sides. Now i ask you a question, what hadith do you believe in? hell lot of categories. Imam albani took 18 hadith from bukhari as daeef. for him bukhari's 18 were not sahih which were sahih for other ppl and so on and so on. Now you will say albani is right if you are a wahabi and u will say he was wrong if you are not a wahabi. You people keep your logic aside and then start asking questions and expect the answers what you WANT to hear. If you were open for a debate or understanding your question would have been different and tolerant. The guy who said Quranist pray 5 times is wrong. There is no rule on being a Quranist or a "way" to follow it. We read Quran and try to understand it. WITHOUT the need of hadith which says there will be majority of women in hell or prophet were taken for a ride by his wives or the urine of a female child is impure and male child is pure or which says monkey were found stoning a female monkey coz they committed adultery. Only if you could understand the logic.

Source(s): Quranist.

Actually, the followers of Rashad Khalifa are specifically called Submitters and some may even use "God Alone". I wish you would learn the difference.

Quranists/Quran-Alone are people who view the Quran as the only source of law and guidance in Islam. Although I don't consider Submitters or the followers of Rashad Khalifa to be Quran alone, I think some of them would be. To me, they still follow outside sources of the Quran.

They can pray 5 times as they like, but if you look close enough at the prayer articles on submission.org, you will discover that this Rashad Khalifa never even found five prayers - not to mention his method states that wudu/ablution was CHANGED and thus RE-STATED in the Quran while salaat was NOT CHANGED although he introduced a whole new way of performing it!

I'm telling you, Rashad Khalifa's system is full of cliches.

I am a Quranist (not a Submitter) and I KNOW the Quran tells me to honor, respect and follow Prophet Muhammed. HOWEVER, I do not believe the disgusting, pornographic, sexist and racist hadith are the sayings of my prophet, and my way of respecting him is to deny hadith.

Peace n' love. :)

Source(s): My own research.

Well, I don't know about Rashad khalifa. He seems abit deluded.

However thise that follow Qu'ran alone have more in their favour than those who follow Hadith.

In 31:6, God states Hadith (the Arabic word used is alhadeethi, or Hadith used to describe narrations, tales, commentaries stories etc) are baseless and mislead those from God's word (Qu'ran).

I found the following links useful and will probably make you lot feel stupid:

Godsquran.blogspot.com

Quran-Islam.org

Happy reading!

I think the point is that the question is based on a misunderstanding; primarily that Quranists follow Rashad Khalifa's teachings, which is completely incorrect. It is the "Submitters" who follow the teachings of RK including rejecting 2 verses of the Quran, acknowledging his claim to be a Messenger of God, the "miracle code of 19" he presented and his "authorised" translation of the Quran which is inconsistent within itself (my opinion based on evidence) Besides this, the general attitude from the teachings is "exclusive" ; meaning anyone else following a different approach to islam is considered a Kafir or a Polytheist.

"Quranists" on the other hand simply believe that the Quran is the sole source of divine authority and do not accept 2nd or 3rd sources as divine, and are "inclusive" : they do not accuse people on a different path to God to be Kafirs or Polytheists, recognising that there is diversity in the deen and multiple paths to salvation. Major difference.

No offence intended to anyone who calls himself a submitter who is actually a quranist. Using the correct standard terminology goes a long way to reducing misconceptions and misunderstandings.

IF you consider the Quran to be the Word of Allah, and that very Book claims to be the Truth, then it would be illogical to say that the ones who follow it are misguided.

"Muslims how misguided are the "Quranist" cult?"

1. Less misguided than the person who phrased this question as a deliberate insult.

2. Only a small fraction of the Return to the Qur'an movement follows the RK number-19 nonsense; this Islamic Awakening is crossing all sects and all continents. Alhamdulillah!

3. I do not expect this answer to be accept by those who take other fallible human texts as partners to the Book of Allah.

May Allah guide us all.

Source(s): The book sent by our Creator. Read it. If you do not know Arabic, then start here http://islamAwakened.com/quran/19/97

These so called "Quranists" are NOT followers of the Quran. They are enemies of the Quran. They openly oppose the correct meanings of the verses of the Quran and come up with their own fallacious and wrong meanings who the Muslims of ~1400 years NEVER had. They are truly an anti-Islamic group. They are not Muslims.