How are Jewish and Christian Old Testament beliefs different?

I was raised a Christian and I still am today. I was always taught a healthy respect for Jewish laws and teachings believing that our Christian tradition was an extension of Jewish tradition. I recently began studying different religions a bit more out of curiosity and I see some major differences even in the Old... show more I was raised a Christian and I still am today. I was always taught a healthy respect for Jewish laws and teachings believing that our Christian tradition was an extension of Jewish tradition. I recently began studying different religions a bit more out of curiosity and I see some major differences even in the Old Testament interpretation which I thought was where we shared common ground. Most of the Jews that I have known seemed to not actually practice any religion or believe literally in Bible teaching. If you are a Jew how do you see Christian interpretations of the Old Testament Bible and do you believe in the word of God literally? Do you believe in Satan as a fallen angel who is able to act on his own free will? If you believe that a person must go to hell for up to 11 months to atone for his or her sins after death, then where does it say this in the Bible? These are just a few major things that I have recently been reading regarding Jewish beliefs that did surprise me. Thanks for the information!