Will acting lessons help me with my shyness/ low- self esteem?

im a shy person i din't mind talking to new people i just get nervous and dont know what to say and all that stuff that happens to shy people. I also have low self esteem and im not very confident with my self and i read that acting lessons help build confidence and build your self esteem will the lessons help... show more im a shy person i din't mind talking to new people i just get nervous and dont know what to say and all that stuff that happens to shy people. I also have low self esteem and im not very confident with my self and i read that acting lessons help build confidence and build your self esteem will the lessons help me? and if they will how do i tell i want to take lessons they'll think im crazy cause im so shy... and maybe i'll like acting and maybe do acting but im not sure if i should take the lessons and how to tell my parents my dad always reminds me how shy i ma and that i need to get more confidence do you guys think he'll acept?