Mike asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 9 years ago

United States Armed Forces list?

what forces do they have? i know they have . Marines, army, navy, air forces.. and what else??

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

- United States Army - consisting of the Regular Army (RA), the Reserve Components of the Army Reserve (USAR) and the Army National Guard (ARNG)

- United States Marine Corps - consisting of the regular US Marine Corps (USMC) and the US Marine Corps Reserve (USMCR)

- United States Navy - consisting of the regular US Navy (USN) and the US Navy Reserve (USNR)

- United States Air Force - consisting of the regular US Air Force (USAF), the US Air Force Reserve (USAFR) and the Air National Guard (ANG)

All Services are supported by appropriate departmental civilian employees.

While acknowledged as the fifth uniformed service, the United States Coast Guard is normally part of the Department of Homeland Security. There are legal provisions for the USCG and it's reserve component, the USCGR, to become part of the US Navy in wartime or national emergency.

Source(s): 23 years active duty
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Marines, Army, Coast Guard, Air Force, Navy and National Guard( might be part of the Army).

• herzog
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Ok, Boats gave you the excellent situation to seem up rank. I’d love to inspire you to seem on the provider academies if you're fascinated with institution this can be a useful resource so that you can discover. Getting permitted in a Service Academy is the equal besides the Coast Guard Academy. The USCG Academy accepts applicants on benefit significance that is drawn from Scholastic potential, Leadership, and total health that involves, brain, frame and soul. If you're interested within the USCG academy, I could love to you don't forget AIM week, (Academy Introduction Mission). This might be one week from your summer season after finishing the eleventh grade. When you start your junior 12 months in top institution you are going to have to request from the Academy a place for AIM week. During that one week you are going to role as a plebe (slightly changed) wail academy team of workers specific to you what four years on the academy might be like and what lifestyles might be like as an officer within the USCG. All the information you wish to have is at the Academy’s internet web site. **When you're watching at Navy rank you are going to see it's the equal because the Coast Guard, nonetheless what has converted is the premiums; fee is the process type each and every sailor holds. For instance the Navy has Machinist Mate/MM, and Enginemen, /EN, The Coast Guard took the ones 2 and made Machinist Technician /MK I uncover this fascinating for the reason that most effective those 2 branches have a ‘ranking badge’ as aspect in their rank.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.