Sunny

Who to choose for daycare sister in law which might be temporary or family friend which would be permanent?

Sister in law: has 3yr old and 1 yr old at home and said she would be willing to watch our newborn baby once i go back to work. we'd love our baby to grow up with her cousins, but it would just be for a couple years at most because sister in law would probably stop if she ends up having a 3rd child or if we end up having a 2nd child, as it would be too much for her. plus she is thinking about going to nursing school once her 3 yr old starts kindergarten.

Family friend: an acquaintance of my mother's runs a daycare out of her home and has for over 20 years. she loves kids and this is her career so we know it would be permanent for years to come, even if we had a second child, etc. but she lives a little bit further away, and isn't family, so we don't know which choice is better???

Favorite Answer

Its up to you, whoever you feel your baby would benefit most from. I think the

Family friend because she can handle it and you know she will stick around. Its all up to you :)

Good luck!!

I would prefer the sister in law, even if it is just temporary. It's never too early for family bonding.

I agree with Beth. Choose your SIL for now and switch to the friend later on.

would not chose the sister in law...no way from what you said...so travel for you child care - she is trusted and your mum knows best - will be worth the effort....stability is imperative and your sister in law...is not reliable!!

• Beth

I would choose SIL. You can always switch to the family friend if/when your SIL can't do it anymore.