What is the connection between Grantiare and Gavroche in Les Miserables the Musical?

In the musical Grantaire is seen slamming his bottle down on a table right after Gavroche's death. What is the connection between the characters that would make Grantaire react that way?

Favorite Answer

I really don't think there is any connection at all. I read the book, did lots of research, and have seen the musical at least 5 times this year, and I don't think there was one. I think that that could have just been something the specific actor did (a trademark, or just a spur of the moment thing), or just Grantaire's reaction to losing a little boy in their revolution.

in case you recommend interior the action picture, this is definitely Courfeyrac. he's general for being very friendly and kindhearted, so i assume as a result they make him looking after the youngster, yet in accordance to the e book and musical, Courfeyrac and Gavrouche have no ties in any respect.