Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 9 years ago

Why am I constantly hearing people say that Derrick Rose is the best PG in the league?

And my retarded cousin who is a Thunder bandwagon thinks that Russel Westbrook is second.xD

Update:

Just because he had an MVP season doesnt make him the best. CP3 and Deron Williams are still better

Update 2:

First answerer stick to the football section because your basketball knowledge is trash

Update 3:

King Lv3 you said he was overrated and was the worst MVP ever....Why are you contradicting yourself?

Update 4:

King Lv3 how isnt this a question? Isnt it tea time yet? I swear you are annoying as crap

Update 5:

King Lv3 Im not your "mate"

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well Derrick Rose is pretty good. However, he is not the best in the leauge right now. Alot of people love him because he has alot of great highlights and is an exiting player to watch. Chris Paul and Daron Williams are both good scores, and are a lot better team players. Derrick Rose has to be the one to carry his team when its at the end of the game, and he should be giving it to other people as well, especialy with the supporting cast that he has. the best point guard in the leauge is by far either Chris Pual or Deron Williams

• Login to reply the answers
  • Eddy
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

CP3 hasn't done as good this season as he has before. He is not better than Derrick Rose, D-Will, or Russell Westbrook anymore. Derrick Rose is the best scorer in PGs but D-Will is the best passer out of the 4. But he has had scoring problems when he went to the Nets. Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook has been able to stay consistent throughout the whole season.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

How is CP3 better, his team loses by 9, yet he takes 9 shots, and he's the best shooter on his team, that's not great PG play, that's hide 'n' go seek play, making Belinelli take the shots, CP3 should be taking.

Many people forget, when the Bulls play well, Rose takes 14 shots, and finishes with 10+ assists, but when they suck(i.e. nobody hitting their shots), he takes his responsibility, and will try and win the game for 'em, by just trying to score all the points. That's something CP3, and Williams just don't do, they pass a lot, and leave responsibility for winning to everybody else.

Just because someone passes at all costs doesn't make 'em a good PG, just as scoring a lot won't make you less of a PG.

The PG is also considered the field-general, and that's a perfect description of what Rose does(and what CP3, and D-WILL don't do), he tries to get his team involved, but if they can't deliver, he'll take over, and lead his men.

• 9 years ago

Because of his nice dunks and exciting play. Sort of like Blake Overrated Griffin.

Deron Williams and Chris Paul remain the best point guards in the NBA, it was formerly Nash.

#overrated

EDIT:King Lv4- If anything, Rose should be a SG. He "dominated" them by scoring and driving the lane, not by utilizing his athletic advantages to also get teammates involved, not to mention make a jumpshot. Rose to me is a Rondo with a slightly better jumpshot, except Rondo his a hell of a better passer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Hes a very solid participant yet hes not the suited of element Guards interior the league his element take care of skills are to not evaluate to adult males like Deron Williams,Chris Paul, and Rajon Rondo.......Rose is an remarkable participant yet he does could advance his element take care of skills using fact the greater beneficial participant i might take Derrick Rose yet using fact the greater beneficial element take care of i might take those 3 gamers which you named over D-Rose

• Jryl
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Agree. If only CP3 and D-Will had a Joakim Noah. That would be all they need to showcase their full talent. Hell, they still play amazing without an amazing team.

• 9 years ago

Deron Willams is the bet in my opinion....but id rather have Willams and CP3 over Rose

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Reported, this is not a question.

He's the MVP, so why isn't he the best PG?

___

He's a better player than both Chris Paul & Deron Williams, that is why he's the best PG in the league. Please look at their head-to-head matches where Rose dominated both of them either defensively or offensively mate.

___

Why so serious? I call everyone my mate.

___

So because Rose is faster and dominated them by scoring he should be a SG? That's like saying since LeBron dominated Boston by passing he should be a PG. You are very unintelligent.

• 9 years ago

because people relate mvp with being the best player, which isnt true

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

no they aren't..Deron Williams isn't that great

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.