College Planning? How to receive a DNP (Doctorate of Nursing Practice)?

Okay, this is going to be a wee-bit descriptive, so please bear with me. I really need help with this. I have two questions, so if you just want to answer one then, just read one of the two sections. -----Section 1: College Planning - Community college or not?----- I'm a high school junior and next fall... show more Okay, this is going to be a wee-bit descriptive, so please bear with me. I really need help with this. I have two questions, so if you just want to answer one then, just read one of the two sections.

-----Section 1: College Planning - Community college or not?-----

I'm a high school junior and next fall I'm going to be a senior. I really want to make my mind up before then because I don't have the greatest grades and I want to take advantage of

I know, let me repeat, I KNOW what I want to do in life now. I have my heart set on it. I want to receive a DNP, but because I'm the first one in my family to graduate from high school in the USA, I'm not very knowledgeable in the college application process.

My grades aren't the best. I used to have decent grades (As and Bs), but it dramatically decreased because of my depression. My most emphasized year is filled with failing grades (Es). However, I am in the IB Diploma Programme, but will be dropping out of it for senior year due to personal reasons, and will be taking AP classes instead.

I'm a very well-rounded student with over 600 hours of community service; several leadership positions in numerous clubs, organizations, and committees; and have work experience (daycares and libraries). I can also play two instruments, as well as many other hobbies.

I know that it's going to be competitive, but I'm confident in my abilities. I really don't want to waste any time and money though, so I was thinking of taking 2 different routes:
(1) take 2 years of community college, then transfer to a four-year college
--> Pros: easier to get into, less expensive, help me rack up on credits, improve my GPA
--> Cons: 2 extra years of school, late start on college life (which is a big deal for me)
(2) go straight ahead to a four-year college
--> Pros: faster, will save 2 years of tuition, ability to have more freedom
--> Cons: more competitive

Honestly, I'm still weighing out options and I don't know what's the best for me. What would be the best decision?

-----Section 2: How to receive a doctorate in nursing practice?-----

I'm still not familiar with the different types of degrees you can get in nursing.

I know I have the core classes, minors, and majors. For nursing, I know I have to have perquisites and actual experience...So, can someone please explain it to me?

Correct me if I'm wrong:
--> Freshman & sophomore year - Core classes & RN (or Associate's Degree)
--> Junior & senior year - BSN (Bachelor's Degree)
--> Extra years - MSN (Master's Degree)
--> Perquisites & experience (work)
--> DNP Program -- Doctorate

*I know these all require exams.

Is this correct? If not, please explain further.

// // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // //

Sorry for the lengthy description!

Great thanks to anyone who answers appropriately! :)
Update: I don't know why it's cut off, but this is what I meant by the second paragraph:

I'm a high school junior and next fall I'm going to be a senior. I really want to make my mind up before then because I don't have the greatest grades and I want to take advantage of early decision/early action.