Thoughts on US states as baby names?

Just wondering what people thought about names like Georgia, Carolina, and Montana etc.

My name is Tennessee and so far in my 17 years i've never met another girl with my name.

If you where to make another state popular as a baby name what would it be?? thanks! :)

I actually love my name fyi :)

• ?
    Best Answer

tennessee is a pretty beast name

i also like georgia and carolina :P

• I don't like most of them much...the only ones I'd consider using for a child are Carolina and Arizona. Names like Montana, Louisiana, Georgia I might use for animals, though.

Funny, I was just thinking about this the other day. I was trying to think of boys' names, but running through the states, I thought there were a few interesting options.

We've seen Arizona and Dakota used. I also like Maine, Oregon and Utah. A boy could be named Michigan, and go by Mitch as a nickname...or he could be Alabama, and folks could call him Bam Bam. :)

I've never known anyone named Tennessee, but it's nice, now that I've heard it!

Only Georgia, Carolina, and Virginia

I like Carolina, Dakota, Georgia, Indiana, Rhode (as in Island), amd Virginia

Tennessee is a GP name for me. I'd use it on a boy, I actually met twins called Tennessee and Tennyson (Tenn-) overkill, but I really love both names seperately.

BQ: I like Georgia, Carolina, Indiana and Louisiana for girls. I love Tennessee, York and Washington for boys.

Source(s): *Wayward Son*

I would never do it but I think it is cool for other people. Although I would only use the names montana, carolina, dakota, georgia, Cali but lol i would spell it Callie.

I hate whilst human beings say they love a popularity for the reason that's "unique." oftentimes, the call is the two misspelled or thoroughly made-up. I despise made-up names so unique is quite a nasty element for me. I additionally locate that folk who throw "unique" around each and all the time quite have not have been given any concept what they're speaking approximately (i.e. "oh Aadynn is so unique!"). Ugh. No. If I had to apply unique as a solid element, i might say that those names are "unique" (a minimum of interior the U.S.): Cassia, Mischa, and Gwenora. They have not ever been interior the perfect 1000 names, yet they're all actual and not misspelled.

These are the only ones I find acceptable:

Arizona

Georgia

Indiana

Louisiana

Maine

Carolina

Dakota

Nevada

and my all-time favourite, Cheyenne (Wyoming).

I'd never name a baby Tennessee, but, it's not a bad name.

Tennessee is the only acceptable one and in fact it is a kick-as$ name.

Source(s): Georgia is pretty cute too, actually.