Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

GAS is 248.9 in COLUMBIA. Al. at PETRO can anyone beat that? would love to know?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Columbia Alabama for those that read..

$3.45 gallon here so you got me.

P

• 1 decade ago

We pay almost 3 times that for a postage stamp but then our minimum wage is 13,166 per hour while your is 450 per hour.

Your price is probably also for 1 liter, not 1 gallon so in comparison 1 gallon of gas in Columbia would cost you 942.18 or about 2 hours wages for 1 gallon.

In the US one gallon would cost us 34 minuets worth of work. This has the effect of our gas being 8 times easier to afford than yours.

Based on your minimum pay, what you would earn in 1 month would be earned in less than 6 hours here in the US.

I'll take the gas prices and living conditions that we have here.

Thanks

@✝ Pray ✝

By golly you just might be right. I would have expected to see this as Columbia, AL

I was wondering what the heck Ai was.

@Asker,

Sorry, but when you stated 248.9 and then COLUMBIA I assumed you were talking about the country of Columbia and that 248.9 was in Columbian Pesos.

Gas where I live is $4.21 a gallon, taxes on gas where I live total $1.21 when you toss in the sales tax so there is no way that California will ever beat that price

• 1 decade ago

What? I don't get your statement at all. Your punctuation is off...

1.) Do you mean $248.90 as in Two hundred forty eight point nine ? or did you mean to say $2.489 as in Two dollars forty eight point nine?

2.) Columbia. Al. - Is that Columbia in Alabama? or are you referring to Colombia, South America?

So is that price in Colombian pesos or US dollars? If that is the case, it's not a miracle since one US dollar buys you roughly 1650 Colombian pesos (1). So a gallon would cost roughly $0.15

In any event... if you are referring to Alabama... I think you're wrong. I looked it up and it states that

at the Petro South Station, gasoline costs $3.649. Posted with Google 22 days ago (2). I doubt that it would drop from there to 2.489.

• 1 decade ago

Ha! At $3.89 I can't even come close to beating that! Lucky Columbia residents.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.