Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

YA BOOK SUGGESTIONS...PLEASE HELP (:?

I'm ready to start a new book series and i wondered if anyone had suggestions on what to read. Im a HUGE fan of the mortal instruments series; although i haven't finished reading lol..but i feel like i want to savor (<---im weird) it so i want to start reading something similar. I want something with lots of action, fantasy, scifi, and romance. Love triangles are the best

Favorite Answer

For something epic and just plain boss, try The Ranger's Apprentice. (series)

For something action packed with witty humor mixed in, try the Bartimaeus Trilogy.(series)

For something Sci-Fy, and and tactical "warfare", try Ender's Game, and the follow-ups.(series)

For something with humanoid aliens with super strength, try I Am Number Four.(series)

For something with secret agents, similar to Alex Rider, try Spy High.(series)

For something with super intelligent evil geniuses, try Artemis Fowl.(series)

For something with magicians and wands, try Harry Potter.(series)

For something with a little magic, but a very good story line, try His Dark Materials.(series)

For something also with magicians, try Warrior Heir, Wizard Heir, and Dragon Heir.(series)

For something with knights and a feud between two groups of people, try The Demon King.(series)

For something with dragons, try The Inheritance Cycle.(series)

For something with mythology, try Percy Jackson and the Olympians.(series)

For something about friendship, try Holes and its follow-up Small Steps.(series)

For something with secret agents, try Alex Rider.(series)

For something about aliens attacking earth, try War of the Worlds.(single)

For something intensely funny, with just plain stupid humor, try The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.(series)

For something about lawyers and a controversial case, try The Justice Game.(single)

For something about a sharp-eyed detective, try The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.(single)

For something about a fantasy world with floating ships and pirates, try The Edge Chronicles.(series)

For something military, action packed, and plenty of **** and **** to go around, try Get Some.(single)

For something short with two serial killers trying to outsmart the other, try Serial.(single)

For something with a mixture of action, romance, and a crazy government, try The Hunger Games.(series)

For something about a gilr in the land of dragons, try Starlighter.(single)

For something about an archeologists adventure, try Elisha's Bones.(single)

For something written from the point of view of an autistic child, try The Mysterious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.(single)

For something with plenty of action and mutant people, try Maximum Ride.(series)

For something like Percy Jackson and the Olympians, but with new characters, try The Lost Hero.(series)

For something with action and is historical/science fiction, try The Gideon Trilogy.(series)

Hey :-)

I really, really, really recommend Vampire Academy. It's very romantic and sweet... I would say that it has a happy ending, too. I absolutely love this series... There are six books and they're all amazing. I also recommend The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks - it's really sweet!

Romance:

- If I Stay (Gayle Foreman)

- Where she Went (Gayle Forman)

- The Last Song (Nicholas Sparks)

- The Lucky One (Nicholas Sparks)

- Lock and Key (Sarah Dessen)

- The Truth About Forever (Sarah Dessen)

- Keeping the Moon (Sarah Dessen)

- Someone Like You (Sarah Dessen)

- This Lullaby (Sarah Dessen)

- Cruel Summer (Alyson Noël)

Fantasy Romance:

- Vampire Academy Series (Richelle Mead) ***

- The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series (Maggie Steifvater)

- Hush, Hush & Crescendo (Becca Fitzpatrick)

I hope this helped :-) If I think of any more then I'll make sure to add them.

~ Megan

Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers trilogy.

Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series.

• Time

dont listen to that one twilight is crap and i can say so because ive read them tmi is amazing i still havent finished the 4th one yet have you read clockwork angel? you should its amazing and is part of the infernal devices but cause your a HUGE fan you probably know that already how about the houses of night my friend won a competition where she got all the books ive read the first two theyre quite good read skulduggery pleasant i love it its amazing its not as good ans the mortal instruments but its great

Source(s): happy hours spent read books under blankets

Twilight.

Love triangle: Jacob/Bella/Edward.

Fantasy: Vampires and Werewolves.

Action: Bella keeps getting attacked by vampires :)

Trust me, some people think its stupid and dumb but you should just try reading it and see what you think :)

The first book is Twilight.

The next is New Moon

Then its Eclipse.

Then Breaking dawn :)