Question about starting a small business?

Hello everyone. I am in Virginia and my hubby and I are looking to start a small retail business. We are working on our business plan now, but I am a little confused as to how we go about finding capital. We don't have much money ourselves, so we are looking into getting a small business loan, but the... show more Hello everyone.

I am in Virginia and my hubby and I are looking to start a small retail business. We are working on our business plan now, but I am a little confused as to how we go about finding capital.

We don't have much money ourselves, so we are looking into getting a small business loan, but the whole opening a business deal is new to us. Since our actually going through with the business at this time is reliant on us getting a loan, which comes first?

I know we need to incorporate (we are going to do an LLC) first with the state, but what comes next? Do we then try to secure the loan, then apply for the local business license? We have a specific location we want to be in, and we might not want to go ahead if we were unable to secure the location, but will the leasing office talk to us if we don't officially have funding yet? Further, business plans include hard data on financials, so should we be contacting vendors and the leasing places before going to the bank?

Luckily my husband is already in the business and has some relationships with vendors, but I really want to move forward; it's just that no one is really telling us which step to go in first?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!