A question for black people...?

Im a black African African myself doing a degree in Enviromental Science (physics, chemistry, biology etc etc).

The problem is that I hear a lot of my friends say that we are inferior.

I have always loved to read and I went in search of black achievers. I found them in different fields.

Now I was bothered that I barery hear of these people from black people. Now

1. Do you know any black achievers (exclude sports and entertainment)

2. Whats your source (exclude schools because its spoon-feeding)

3. Do you feel inferior to other races

4. What is your career

5. What do you think should be done to improve things

PS: Im not racist or infereotist (I also read about Curie, Newton, Einstein).

Favorite Answer

Well nowadays its pretty obvious that there are black achievers, unless you live in a cave..Its easy to say black haven't achieved anything because black history is only learned during the month of February.. So its common for a lot of people to be ignorant of black achievers, simply because they haven't studied it as hard as white history..

Alvin Ailey, Jr.

Langston Hughes

Crispus Attucks

Mae Jemison

Benjamin Banneker

James P. Beckwourth

Percy Julian

Mary McLoed Bethune

Ernst Just

Guion Stewart Bluford, Jr.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Carol Brice

Sam E. Langford

Ralph J. Bunche

Lewis Howard Latimer

Dr. Mary Elizabeth Carnegie

Nat Love

George Washington Carver

Thurgood Marshall

Robert C. Maynard

Shirley Chisholm

Elijah McCoy

Garrett A. Morgan

Bessie Coleman

Jesse Owens

Gen. Benjamin O. Davis, Jr.

Charles "Rich" Patterson

Frederick Douglass

Norbert Rillieux

Charles Drew

W. E. B. DuBois

Wilma Rudolph

Ralph Ellison

Mary Church Terrell

Julius Erving

Dr. Andrew J. Foster

Booker T. Washington

Dick Gregory

Ida Wells

Matthew A. Henson

Dr. Daniel Hale Williams

Granville Woods..

My career is Real Estate Broker. I also have Bachelors in Psychology

IM hispanic and black so my black side will answer :)

1 by achiever I am unsure if you strictly speaking of wealthy and famous individuals or not so I will mention both... there are many black or african achievers starting with the caveman who built the wheel and tools, to the ancient egyptians who built pyramids and had the first blueprint for a steam machine such as a washer and dryer, to the slave epidemic with harriet tudman who rushed to free her people, to george washington carver who invented peanut butter, to fredrick douglas and w.e.b dubois who were scholars, to the tuskgee airmen(idk if I spelled that right) who broke color barriers and fought for a country that oppresses them, to martin luther king who wanted to bring about equality peacefully, to malcolm x that had to find his path after accepting his lineage, to sherly chisum (idk if I spelled that right either) who was the first black to run for presidency to obama who is the first black president.

2 idk what you mean by source, im assuming youre asking where did I get.my information. If thats what you mean then I got it from the history channel, books, research, museums, etc.

3 I have brown skin so I automatically possess the double consciousness that w.e.b dubois spoke if.

4 im a army soldier and a religion major

5 I think every white person should read "black like me", assume the life of a minority, spend a year in the ghetto trying to stay alive and find work and then acknowledge that theyre descended from africans who were the original homo sapiens.

1. Here's a good one-Barack Obama

2. My mind

3. No, I like people of different races

4. College student

5. We should learn to be more accepting of each other(seeing a kid in the cafeteria eating alone-sit with them, shake their hand or wave to them when they walk by).