What do you think of when you hear the name Carter?

I have had this name picked out now for ten years. Ten years ago it was not popular at all and now that I am finally pregnant the name seems so popular. Also I noticed it was in a lot of shows I have seen and they always use the Carter character as a jock. I want to stay away from names that associate with big, not very smart jocks. What do you think of when you hear this name?

• leanne
    Favorite Answer

Well there is a baby clothes store, landon carter from a walk to remember who is basically popular guy falls in with with dying girl becomes doctor, and most popular from ER Dr John Carter very smart cute ive always liked the name carter.

As to cater being popular... when i was pregnant wih my son in 2004 i picked his name out of a baby book for its origin (irish) meaning (fiery) my son has red hair. It was not popular and i had actually never even heard it before. His name is Aiden. Well like two years later sex and the city had an aiden and it became popular now everytime we are in the store or something we hear a mom calling her son aiden and he is like 3 or younger my son is almost 7. No one in his class has the name but it doesnt matter i liked it and i didnt know when i named him. You have weigh the pros and cons. But when my son was five i was working with a girl that was pregnant she asked my sons first middle names and how i spelt it in casual conversation like a month later she started telling people that it was a coincidence and she was naming her son that too which she did. People are mean and thoughtless but it happens. Just go with what your heart tells you and what you really want to name your baby. Im now pregnant with my second child and im thinking about emily for a girl because i have always loved that name ever since i was little. Good luck.

I don't think it's necessarily that popular. It's definitely not OVERLY popular to where you hear it every 2 seconds. Carter is a really nice name, I like it! I definitely don't associate it with a jock. I envision a smart, caring kid when I think of Carter. Good choice.

My cat :/ My 18 year old cat is called Carter! Well sorry but it does sound like it would be more of a jock name than a nerd name, but it could also just be an average guy's name. I can't picture a Dr Carter ______ but I can picture a Carter ______ being an actor or something like that.

When I hear Carter, I usually think of a really smart little boy. Maybe it's because I know a little boy named Carter and he's a smart kid, and super cute. I love the name Carter. I think it is becoming more popular, but I don't think it's too popular yet. :)

John Carter of Mars

The south. And Carter Kane, from the Kane Chronicles. Good guy, really smart.

I think it's so cute! Personally, the first thing that comes to mind is the rapper Jay-z. Carter is his last name:)

But I love the name, and I would use it for my child :) Adorable name!

When i hear Carter, i actually think of a smart, quiet girl with dark brown hair, bright blue eyes & dimples.

Honestly I think of the word: Drug cartel

or

Carter from grand theft auto drug dealin

frawh

i really like the name, i might have to keep that one in mind for when i get prego :]