How long should I expect to wait for my New York State refund?

The web site says 6-8 weeks but I am hoping that is just standard procedure to give that time frame?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Did happen to file online with the DD to your personal account number OR mailed OR used another preparer that will use another account number to receive you REFUND so that they can RIP you OFF by deducting all of the fees and charges that they apply and use for there services that will also delay your REFUND $$$ amount by a few more days.

And do you really expect an answer from this website to change the standard procedure that the New York state income tax department has set.

I would think that you would be smarter than that.

Check refund status

Online refund status

Other income tax refund information

http://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/file/refund.htm

Generally, you'll get your refund in six to eight weeks from the date we receive your income tax return. You'll get it faster if you use e-file and have your refund deposited directly into your bank account. If we identify an issue with a tax return, our review may take longer than six to eight weeks.

To check the status of your refund, see Income Tax Refund Status.

Correspondence from us about your return or refund

If you received an inquiry letter and responded, it may take several months to get your refund to you. It takes more time to review a complicated return or one that has missing or inaccurate information

Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 05/20/2011