Why Can't I Install Google Toolbar?

I have Windows 7 and IE 8. The toolbar used to work fine but then it didn't even show up, so I figured I should just re-install it. Bad idea apparently, because now when I try to install it I just get, "An error occured during installation". Any ideas? Google is my favorite search engine, but I... show more I have Windows 7 and IE 8. The toolbar used to work fine but then it didn't even show up, so I figured I should just re-install it. Bad idea apparently, because now when I try to install it I just get, "An error occured during installation".

Any ideas? Google is my favorite search engine, but I really don't want to have to take the time to go to Google.com everytime I want to search something.....

Thanks!
Update: Big Fudge - Ew. I can't stand Chrome. lol Put me through hell when I tried it out before! But thanks for the suggestion =] -- --: I tried that, and now it won't let me re-install it... Garth Henderson - Because it's easier to access and saves time, hence the point of the toolbar. lol I'd do that, but I prefer... show more Big Fudge - Ew. I can't stand Chrome. lol Put me through hell when I tried it out before! But thanks for the suggestion =]

-- --: I tried that, and now it won't let me re-install it...

Garth Henderson - Because it's easier to access and saves time, hence the point of the toolbar. lol I'd do that, but I prefer Yahoo and my default so I can get News updates and whatnot. Besides, that's not really the point, because if I were to be on Facebook or something and got the urge to search something, having it as a homepage wouldn't be very effective...

Snow - My default is set to Google...IE 9 is the worst update ever. I tried it out but ended up returning to IE 8 within ten minutes. lol