Is it possible to get electrocuted by a ceiling lamp if the wall switch is turned off?

I'm trying to change a VERY tight light bulb on my ceiling lamp, I turned the power off at the wall switch, is it possible to get electrocuted if I'm rough with the light bulb while attempting to take it out? I have a sock around the bulb just in case it breaks...I'm not too worried about... show more I'm trying to change a VERY tight light bulb on my ceiling lamp, I turned the power off at the wall switch, is it possible to get electrocuted if I'm rough with the light bulb while attempting to take it out?

I have a sock around the bulb just in case it breaks...I'm not too worried about that...unless I could get electrocuted if it breaks. I have a more than the average person fear of electricity.
5 answers 5