How would I go about contacting the state of New Mexico to see if I can get medical records....?

My mom was adopted (i'm just asking the question) through the state of New Mexico, neither of us are sure where to start, or who to contact about getting medical records, or seeing if its possible to access her medical records in the first place. Anyone know how she'd do that?

2 Answers

  • Ann
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Hi, The best place to start searching is with the agency that handled the adoption. The agency can open the records and if there's a contact Information entered (from her bio parents/families), they will release this. She can also have her contact information entered in the file.

    If the agency is no longer in existence, she can call the states Department of Human Services, Adoption Unit and ask who has custody of the records.

    She could also register with the following large, free search registries:

    ISSR - largest - download the registration form and mail it in.

    Reunion Registry at

    Adoption Registry Connect (registers by birth state)

    G's Adoption Registry

    I also found this site - for those affected by adoption in New Mexico, they have a registry also:

    There's many other places to register - call up New Mexico with the words adoption registry to see more. Also check all the above online registries to see if someone is already looking for her.

    Searching can be a slow process, it takes patience.

    Best Wishes !


    Sorry, I didn't answer your question on medical records. No one can access another's medical records. The only way to get answers is to ask the biological parents.


    Source(s): I'm searching for a sibling, adopted at birth.
  • 9 years ago

    I'm not sure, but I starred your question because I have friends that will probably know, and when they see the star they may have an answer for you.

    I wish you well in your search. Good luck and God bless.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.