Why do the vast majority of people react rather than prevent?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Because the vast majority of the people are powerless slaves to the system.

Example- I get up and go to work every day because if I didn't I would have no job and be unable to support my family, I have little to no time for anything else. Get up, go to work, go home, sleep.

The Money that I make from said job goes to- Rent, Utilities, Other Bills, Gas, Groceries, Family/Domestic needs and if we are lucky a dinner at a restaurant once a week.

I have neither the Time, Money or the Energy to prevent anything except my family starving to death or becoming homeless.

• 9 years ago

Human nature most likely.

Some situations we never think we'll be in, so in turn we are not prepared for.

Many times I have told myself not to react to a certain person in anger or weakness. Boom....then I do. It is almost like you have to rehearse good life responses with others so that when the actual situation occurs that makes you uneasy.....you know how to respond as a reflex you have practiced.

Also many people think they are always right...therefore their reaction, no matter how extreme is justified in their own minds.

• 9 years ago

People are only reactive because they feel powerless to prevent. They don't understand the concept of being proactive and they don't understand that they DO have the power to change things. It's easier to just react and DO nothing.

http://www.soulsastray.com/

• 9 years ago

I think,It is due to Instinct reaction of our Brain.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.