Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 9 years ago

Is there going to be a Portal 3?

So ive been searching every were for answers its my fave game and i want to know this is all i know

reasons against: valve don't make 3rd games, it looks finished there's no hints in the credits and something else i forgot so i started to look up reasons for a portal 3

Reasons why there may be a portal 3: valve said there will be some sort of portal 3, it may be in half life 2 episode 3, the portal gun was left on the moon No gun No testing and this also means wheatley could somehow return through the same portal, chell had been tricked b4 and may not be outside, portal 1 was a side game so portal 2 is actually "portal 1", portal 3 may be the past or how she got there/ her parents e.g. chell didn't know the real time as it said at the beginning some were around"you wont know the real time i thought you may want to know today is your birthday" so portal COULD be at the same time as half life. and typical me i forgot the rest of the evidence so portal 3 looks very promising

Update:

At jack yeah i herd the turret song in english i was like Wtf??? but i kinda get it now

Update 2:

Just some more at jack (i didnt read the end bit) No wheatley isnt mean like that it isnt that hes evil its that GLaDOSes body is corrupt she was able to ignor it a bit but cos he didnt quite get it he turned corrupt thats why at the end he said sorry.

also jake are you lieing?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Portal 3 is most likely gonna be a prequel, that is, a game that is set before the first one. Thereby explaining GLaDOS' background, Chells background and explaining who everyone is.

I have my own theories.

GLaDOS(Caroline's) is Chells Step Sister. Cave Johnson is her father. The mysterious 'Portrait of a Lady' shows cave johnson and a mysterious woman (Chells Mother), and if you look closer and brighten the picture a bit, you can see a little girl to the left of the picture (Caroline). Chell was born due to Cave Johnson's affair / re-marriage and Caroline has resented Chell ever since. That is why she attempted to kill all the attendants on "Bring your Daughter to Work Day", but Chell somehow survived, so GLaDOS (Caroline) captured her. GLaDOS decided that killing her simply would be too easy, and not scientific enough, so she tested Chell (as we all know). That explains also why GLaDOS tells Chell she 'Loves Her' in the first game, not in a sexual way but in a sisterly way. Also, If you translate the Turret Choir, you can see it has a higher meaning ^^

Basically Portal 3 will be a Prequel and will basically explain what I just said, maybe you'll have to be GLaDOS? Designing Test Areas anyone?

Either that or Wheatley will capture Chell and he'll be in charge of Black Mesa...

Source(s): My Predictions
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

There may be in the future but probably not valve have said there will be free dlc for portal 2 but i think another game would be milking it and it doesn't seem like something valve would do but if there ever will be a portal 3 it should be years before it releases

• 9 years ago

Maybe.

• 9 years ago

ya they announced it last night

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

probably...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.