My washing machine water feels cold?

How long does it take for a washing machine with only a cold water supply take to heat up?? I'm on the 90degree wash and touching the door, the water feels really cold.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hot water supply to a washer went out a few years ago. Most washing machines usually use 30, 40 or 60 degrees for coloureds and 90 for whites. This can take over 3 hours to heat up so it's a case of being patient. Apart from all this the washing cycle never gets hot enough now and the sealing rubbers turn black and need replacing more often that they did before.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Depends on the machine. I don't go any higher than a 40 degrees but my machine heats it as it takes in the water. My MIL's machine heats the water once it's in the machine and it therefore takes a bit longer.

As for the door feeling cold, the glass in the door is very thick and I doubt that you will ever be able to feel the temperature of the water through that.

KD

• 9 years ago

Shouldn't there be a cold water and a hot water supply?

• 9 years ago

you don't say how long the machine has been on .washing at 90deg.is waste full with to days detergent's unless clothes are heavily soiled.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • BJ
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

maybe the hot watr tap is not on or you have no hot water

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.