My washing machine water feels cold?

How long does it take for a washing machine with only a cold water supply take to heat up?? I'm on the 90degree wash and touching the door, the water feels really cold.

Favorite Answer

Hot water supply to a washer went out a few years ago. Most washing machines usually use 30, 40 or 60 degrees for coloureds and 90 for whites. This can take over 3 hours to heat up so it's a case of being patient. Apart from all this the washing cycle never gets hot enough now and the sealing rubbers turn black and need replacing more often that they did before.

Depends on the machine. I don't go any higher than a 40 degrees but my machine heats it as it takes in the water. My MIL's machine heats the water once it's in the machine and it therefore takes a bit longer.

As for the door feeling cold, the glass in the door is very thick and I doubt that you will ever be able to feel the temperature of the water through that.

KD

Shouldn't there be a cold water and a hot water supply?

you don't say how long the machine has been on .washing at 90deg.is waste full with to days detergent's unless clothes are heavily soiled.

• BJ

maybe the hot watr tap is not on or you have no hot water