Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 10 years ago

Will ISS ruin my education?

Ok so today I got ISS (In School Suspension) I was wondering if it was going to ruin my chances of getting into the college of my dreams. I am in all honors classes and have a 4.0 gpa EVERY trimester. This is my first ISS and I am afraid of this. Will it?

Favorite Answer

One of the reasons that so many high school students are having trouble getting into college is because of things like ISS on their records. More people are applying to go to college than ever before and colleges are much choosier than they were even a few years ago.

Any college will choose a student who has never gotten ISS over one who has. Getting ISS won't guarantee that you'll never get into the college of your dreams, but it will count against you.