big & tall but no slim & tall men's clothes?

My fiance's pant size is a 33W 40L. shirt size is medium with a 38in sleeve length. Do the big and tall stores assume all tall men are fat? Why is it that the XXL shirts offer longer sleeve lengths but a size medium doesn't?? Same problem with pants.... the tall sizes start off with a big waist. The only place we can find clothes is Shepler's. Do any of you tall skinny men know where to find clothes at besides sheplers?? Even if it's an online store.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Well, in general, many of the big and tall stores service gentlemen who are just that: big AND (not "or") tall. I can imagine how difficult it is to find things for your finance; I am a slim guy--albeit only 6'0" tall--and it's difficult enough for me to find properly sized clothes. I'm also a manager at a men's wear store, and from time to time, I have to turn exceptionally tall gentlemen away because there is simply no way that I will be able to fit them properly.

There are three chains that I am going to suggest. To begin with, it sounds as though he has a 16" or 16.5" neck. The reason that I make mention of this is that he may well have to eschew the idea of casual long sleeve shirts and buy some versatile dress shirts. 16.5 neck by 38 sleeve is a size that is carried by Men's Wearhouse, so this will be a decent place to go for shirts. I very much doubt that a given store will have much selection in stock for you to choose from, but they ought to be able to order things in for you to choose from. They are also going to be expanding their big and tall selections (including for the big OR tall men) over the course of the next year. The other place that I am going to suggest that you that a look at for shirts is J.C. Penney; Penney's big and tall shirts start at size Medium Tall, which may be workable, but--as I'm sure you know--that very well could mean a 37" sleeve, not 38.

As for pants, my suggestion would be to head to Brooks Brothers. They can be pricey, especially in the department that I'm about to suggest: made-to-measure. Having a pair of pants custom made for a man will be fairly pricey, but if a gentleman were to come into my store with a 33" waist and a 40" inseam, this would be the only mainstream way I would know of to be able to take care of him. The other option would be to find the few-and-far-between retailers that carry his size ready made, which may be even more of a hassle. With that said, made-to-measure will almost always be very costly, and the price of Brooks Brothers' made-to-measure program is at least worth it. Brooks Bros. will always provide you with an exceptionally high quality garment that will last for many years.

Source(s): I'm a manager at a men's wear store.

Clothes For Tall Skinny Men

http://www.xltclothing.com/ is a great place to shop for Slim and tall guys. They're new. I'm 6'5", 210 lbs, and wear 36/37. All that I've ordered definitely fit. I've seen shirts up to 40/41 there.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

My fiance's pant size is a 33W 40L. shirt size is medium with a 38in sleeve length. Do the big and tall stores assume all tall men are fat? Why is it that the XXL shirts offer longer sleeve lengths but a size medium doesn't?? Same problem with pants.... the tall sizes start off with a big...

Source(s): big tall slim tall men 39 clothes: https://tr.im/KrVFH

Check out Longshot Apparel online. We started selling earlier this year after being frustrated with the same issue (my boyfriend was 6'7", 38 inch chest and 38/39 sleeve - our guys seem to be the same size!) We only sell shirts at this point and we make them here in the USA.

Your fiance would be a 1L most likely in our shirt sizing. Check things out and there's also reviews from tall customers so you can see for yourself. Good luck!

Susan

Source(s): www.longshotapparel.com

I have the same problem i wear a 32W 38L and can't find pants that fit either. One website I've found is www.kingsizedirect.com they also sell most of their stuff on Amazon.com. I bought one pair of pants from them now they send me catalogues like once a month.

• ?

Fat Clothes For Men

1

Source(s): Grow Taller Exercise http://sparkindl.info/GrowTallerFast/?G4RR