Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

What will happen to everything on May 21, 2011 and October 21, 2011?

My name is Charlie, I'm a Christian and I believe in God, and I work as a volunteer at a local library for almost 6 years. When I heard this prediction, I said to myself: "This is totally a hoax." After hearing this, I got very scared and frightened and I thought I was going to cry. Me and my family have been going to church for quite a while and I still believe in God, even to this day. We've been attending churches for a number of years, including a Methodist Church, and recently since 2010, we've been attending a Christian Church where they have "Communion" every Sunday, which is great. Upon hearing that this prediction was coming and that the end was coming on October 21, I felt even more scared and frightened, which almost drove me into a Panic mode. What will happen to everything like houses, buildings, cars, and any other things? I REALLY don't want the world to end, which was my humongous fear. Please tell me that NOTHING is going to happen on May 21st and on October 21st because I really like to continue living and I really wish everyone around the world will still live.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The world will not come to an end in 2011/12, The bible teaches that that this sort of thing will happen in the end times as seen here.

MATTHEW 24:6-8

6 YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.

7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.

LUKE 21:10-11

10 Then he went on to say to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; 11 and there will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another pestilences and food shortages; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.

So as you can see from what The Bible teaches us we are indeed in the last days or the time of the end. As for when the end will actually come no body knows, we know this because The Bible has this to say on the matter.

MATTHEW 24:36

36 “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.

So as you can see no man knows or can put a date to the end other than Jehovah.

Please do feel free to mail me on the following address if you would like to talk about this issue.

jah.ministry@live.co.uk

Source(s): Religious Education & The Bible... AAA...
  • Nothing will happen on either of these dates. There is true proof about this, as the tool who came up with all of this is trying to act all smart when all he did was add and multiply a bunch of numbers together to come up with a "mathematical" formula and say it added up to May 21, 2011. Well, if you believe in God then you will be saved on this day, but if you don't, you will go through five months of torture and a Hell on Earth through famines, diseases, and other stuff, and finally, the world will finally blow up on October 21, 2011. But don't believe that bullcrap just because some old dude said it was true. Besides, he's 88 years old. What does he know? I'm Christian and I've read the Bible enough to say that no one, not even Jesus himself or the angels, know when the world will end. Only God knows, and He's not telling.

Source(s): Common knowledge Bible
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

According to Harold Camping, May 21 is the day of rapture, when all of the true Christians of the world (about 2-3%, Camping says) will witness the Second Coming of Jesus, and that He will guide all of them to Heaven. The rest will have to endure the end of the world on October 21. Not sure what's supposed to happen in between May and October.

First of all, don't believe a word Camping says, he is a lying asshole and is trying to scare people into following him. The Bible in no way indicates May 21, or October 21, or any specific date as the day of Rapture, but instead says that there is NO set date for Jesus' arrival on Earth. He actually predicted this to happen back in September 1994 also, which it of course didn't. So don't take this idiot seriously.

• 9 years ago

I am not Christian, so I think it is just going to be another day of life. But I do believe in a higher power, so you have to ask yourself where is earth when we have to go to heaven or hell? It is going to be gone, or still somewhere in our Universe? It is like the theory, what if a tree fall down in a forest. Does it make a sound? Yes, but if no one was there to hear it, does sound exist?

So if you are still around after Oct 21. What then? Will you be traveling around the world or stay where you are and rebuild your life?

As for having 5 months of judgment before the end? Is that a sign to just commit crime or a chances to be with our love ones? In my opinion i think that depends on the nature of the person. You are good if you are good. So during this time frame, nothing will happen to you. And you will be bad, you just got a stupid excuse to be bad.

Just because "someone" or a higher power is giving you a deadline, does mean you will be living differently. Just be yourself and stand by being who you are.

But just remember, if the world isn't ending that day. The police will still be around. So don't do anything that you will regret. Otherwise doomsday just have a different meaning for you.

I have plans after that day and the day after and after that for a very long time. So I am not worry about that day.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Harold Camping has been reading the Bible for about 70 years, and he still doesn't know the Parallel between Daniel and Revelation. I am no Christian as I think it's obvious they lack Bible principles in their lives, but I will make this clear.

Matthew 24:36 “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father."

I must make mention this scripture is NOT a figure of speech, it's NOT figurative, and it's NOT symbolic. LITERALLY nobody knows the day or the hour, does not Harold Camping read that whole chapter? I'm sure he has. But remember, Jesus said in Matthew 11:25 "I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes". The Truth is obviously hidden from him, and I hope he snaps out of his episodes of thinking he knows the day or the hour.

Brothers in my organization have lived to 100+ and have been reading the Bible everyday and they aren't claiming anything, because it doesn't exactly matter how long a single person has been reading the Bible. Remember Matthew 11:25 I just showed you.

(Acts 1:7) “He said to them: “It does not belong to YOU to get knowledge of the times or seasons which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction;”

(1 Thessalonians 5:1) “Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, YOU need nothing to be written to YOU.”

And finally.

Mark 13:33 says "Keep looking, keep awake, for YOU do not know when the appointed time is"

Harold Camping thinks these are symbolic, although hes right that Christianity has lost God's favor.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

According to Harold Camping, ...

on May 21 2011, at 6pm EST, there will be a huge worldwide earthquake like in the movie 2012.

Then, all the 200 million "elect" will be zapped up to Heaven, leaving the rest of us to live under the Devil's rule until October 21, which is when the world will be destroyed.

Charlie, he won't be the first christian to claim the world is ending. Google "Doomsday Cults", they come and go every year. If you find yourself in a church where people are talking about "The End of Days is At Hand" , my advice is find yourself another church before they start ladling out poisoned fruit punch and telling all the men to sign over all their belongings...

Source(s): your fear will conquer your intellect if you let it.
  • Karl
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I can tell you that it will not happen, though I do not know this. Only God knows the time and day, but we are to be ready and it is coming sooner than most know.

Many look at this prediction and make fun, but the end is near. If not today, it can be tomorrow or whenever God chooses to do it. But God will not be mocked, it is coming.

bless you.

Today, tomorrow or whenever: it is coming and will come to pass. And in this time God will hide so those who seek him in the bad times will not find him.

• 3 years ago

in the beginning you're able to not ever opt for something extra desirable than being with God in heaven. The Bible says no person will understand the day or hour yet we can understand the season it says. i think of it is closer than we understand. Pray which you would be waiting for God's coming. The Bible says to wish that we are going to be worth to flee the failings which will come across the earth. Mr. tenting is unlikely by utilising the Bible to be giving an afternoon and hour of God's coming. What if it exceeded off the next day nevertheless. we are to be waiting.

• 9 years ago

The Lord does everything right. Even the very hairs of your head are numbered. All of us are just one heart beat away from eternity. Put your trust in God, pray to him each day, ask him to save you and your family, and don;t worry. God holds the very universe together.

• 9 years ago

Look the world will end whenever god decides that its our time. Don't worry about what that crazy maniac says believe in god and don't be scared of dying. We will ALL die remember u.u

Source(s): Myself;
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.