Can someone under the TPS reuqest a family member to be in the USA?

I have a friend that's currently here in the USA with TPS (Salvadorean).. Can he request a family member to come to the USA while under the TPS?

4 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    No, TPS isn't the same as legal resident status. It's considered a temporary status, so the laws don't allow for this.

  • Jan
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

    No. He is only given permission to be here temporarily. Once his country is no longer under TPS,he has to go home. He cannot request anyone to come here.

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    Now that would be outrageous ...

    Your TPS is due to end soon anyway

  • 9 years ago


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.