What exactly is the RADAR at Portsmouth?

So a little while back I went to Portsmouth just for a visit, (some nostalgia, i used to live there). I went on a harbour tour (which was very interesting, got to see ark royal and other ships and destroyers alike). While on the tour, in the distance, perhaps Cosham or Paulsgrove area (where fort nelson is), I... show more So a little while back I went to Portsmouth just for a visit, (some nostalgia, i used to live there). I went on a harbour tour (which was very interesting, got to see ark royal and other ships and destroyers alike). While on the tour, in the distance, perhaps Cosham or Paulsgrove area (where fort nelson is), I could see a large building with what looked like golf balls on it. I had driven past this once before but was never really interested in it. Im just wondering what this building might be, its on James Callaghan Drive, Its a Blue/gray building that has Radar Arrays on the roof and Large dome radars. is it some type of Early Warning ICBM system or just Port/Harbor Protection that uses Horizon line radar?
2 answers 2