Loan Company and BBB?

Can I file a complainant with the Better Business Bureau against a loan company? Last year I went in there to cash a cheque, while in there I paid off the complete amount of money I owed them ($124). Now 1 year later I have received a letter saying I need to pay it. I called the company and argued with them, they... show more Can I file a complainant with the Better Business Bureau against a loan company? Last year I went in there to cash a cheque, while in there I paid off the complete amount of money I owed them ($124). Now 1 year later I have received a letter saying I need to pay it.
I called the company and argued with them, they claimed they had no record of me ever cashing the cheque, let alone paying them. Finally, after my persistence they found the receipt, and claimed to have faxed it to their credit agency. However, the credit agency is telling me they don't have the receipt and that I need to pay again. The loan company was supposed to give them the receipt 1 year ago! Any advice?
Update: I'm in Ontario, Canada