Book recommendations for Christians?

Can be on any topic or on a range of topics, just any recommendations would be grateful :)

If possible, please state title and author and summarise what it's about :)

Anything interesting really whether its about someone's personal experiences, why people believe in God, mental/spiritual help, help with learning and understand parts of the Bible, being a good/better Christian etc. etc.

PLEASE don't answer by giving books written by athiests! - I am not interested in those!!

Written from christians' perspectives, scholars etc. but not athiests please

Favorite Answer

The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins *

Fighting Words by Hector Avalos

Losing Faith in Faith by Dan Barker

Breaking the Spell by Daniel Dennett

The Jesus Puzzle by Earl Doherty

Natural Atheism by David Eller

The Essence of Christianity by Ludwig Feuerbach

Against All Gods by A.C. Grayling

The End of Faith by Sam Harris

2000 Years of Disbelief by James Haught

Doubt: A History, by Jennifer Michael Hecht

God is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens *

The Portable Atheist, edited by Christopher Hitchins

The Quotable Atheist by Jack Huberman

Essays on Natural Religion," by David Hume

Attack Upon Christendom by Soren Kierkegaard

Nothing by Nica Lalli

Why I Rejected Christianity by John Loftus

On the Nature of Things by Lucretius

Atheist Universe by David Mills

On the Genealogy of Morals by Friedrich Nietzsche

Why I Am Not a Christian by Bertrand Russell

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark by Carl Sagan.

God: The Failed Hypothesis by Victor Stenger

ADDENDUM

What's wrong? Is your faerie tale so weak it cannot withstand the light of Truth?

"The Sacred Ordinary", by Leigh McLeroy - about embracing the Holy in everyday situations

"Holiness by Grace", Bryan Chapell - about the joy that is found in Christ Jesus

"Laughter from Heaven", Barbara Johnson - good, clean, hilarious fun

"Being the Body" - Charles Colson/Ellen Vaughn - how to bring light into the world around you as a member of Christ's body

"This I Believe" - A collection of snapshots of what some people believe about God (some may surprise you)

"Prayer: Does it Make any Difference" - Philip Yancey - Looks at the question: since God knows all about our lives, why do we need to pray?

"Captured by Grace" - David Jeremiah - what happens when God reaches His mighty arm down from the heavens and lifts us - sinners - up from the dark abyss

"What so Amazing About Grace" - Philip Yancy - looks at that very question

"Fearless" - Max Lucado - on living a life without fear

"Fear Not Tomorrow, God is Already There" - Ruth Graham - wherever we've been, God's already been there; wherever we're going, God is already there

....I could go on and on with a list of very well written, comprehensive wriitings - but this may keep you occupied for a while.

Well depending on your mood, I'm a huge fan of Joyce Meyers if you want to make some changes about yourself; she's basically a self help guru. If you are feeling down I recommend Joel Olsten, he can put a smile on any face! If you are feeling fanatical go with Mary K Baxter, she's got a heck of a story. If you are feeling like understanding the Bible a little better, go with the Amplified version. If you have some problems with being negative, or know someone who does, Dr. Leaf's books "Who turned off my mind" It's great learning!

I hope this helps! Good luck and God bless!

This sounds like a cleverly disguised homsework question ;o)

Case For Christ - Lee Stroebel

The description of the journey of an Atheist who followed the evidence and impact of Christ and was honest enough to overcome his pride and face the truth, that Christ is.

I wouldn't get anything to long winded after all the world is coming to an end this week end. Or next year depending on which prophecy of doom you believe.

I hear quotes from two Authors all the time, and everyone says their books are amazing.

Lol the only problem is, is that I've never seen their names on the paper, so i can't spell them.

I'll try though.

Ravenhill and Toser.

Nelson, KJV Bible Commentary

The Origin of the Species

Charles Darwin

• CC

Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris.

Source(s): An atheist perspective.

The God Delusion