Are their differences in Paul Wellers Albums?

Hi all, Having a debate about possibly the best song writer thats ever lived, Mr Paul Weller, Somebody has been arguing with me about his first 3 albums, saying that every album sounds the same and that he just does the same stuff, what a load of bullshit who else agrees with me that his first album was... show more Hi all,

Having a debate about possibly the best song writer thats ever lived, Mr Paul Weller,

Somebody has been arguing with me about his first 3 albums, saying that every album sounds the same and that he just does the same stuff, what a load of bullshit

who else agrees with me that his first album was like soul, jazz styled music,

his second album was acoustic based rock (i cant even describe Wild wood as to what it would be)

and his 3rd album Stanley Road, to be a more blues/rock based album?

I know it doesnt matter and nobody should be defining what style of music it is because after all, its all just pure genius, but what a penis to say that all his first three albums sound identical!!!
1 answer 1