Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 9 years ago

WHERE CAN I FIND A COMPUTER JUNKYARD IN LOS ANGELES?

im trying to find .a used computer junkyard for parts, i Have heard there are a few in los angeles, i just dont know where.

• DON
    Favorite Answer

You have many avenues to explore.

Check the phone book for commercial computer or e-waste recyclers. Some of them cater to businesses that believe that they need to have an exact part and have rediculously inflated prices as a result.

Your city or county may have dropoff locations for e-waste. Make friends with those running the location or talk to folks who are about to drop off something. You might wind up with some treasures if you ask politely.

Ask at independent computer repair shops. Many have a pile of machines in the back room that they'll give you for free or next to nothing.

Put the word out amongst your friends, family, and neighbors that you're looking for unwanted computers. Don't be too picky and always say Thank you. I once had a PC find it's way to me that was found at curbside and was only 11 months old. Just because a computer runs poorly and is choked by malware doesn't mean that it can't be made to run like (or better) than new.

Join one or more Freecycle groups that are active in your area. It costs absolutely nothing to join and participate. Everything offered by other members of the group is totally free. The main idea is to keep still useful stuff out of landfills so you're likely to find almost anything and everything. There are nearly 5000 local groups worldwide. The first link below will help you find groups near you. I and several of my friends regularly give away working computers that we've refurbished within the groups we participate in simply because we can.

Look for notices of "hamfests" or electronic swap meets in your area. I know that there was a big one held in Santa Ana hosted by ACP every month or two. It's still known as the ACP meet even though it's run by a different group now.

Don't overlook Ebay. Older computers often cost more to ship than they are worth so bargains can found if you limit the geographical area and can arrange for local pickup with the seller.

Don

• wyland

Computer Junkyard

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): find computer junkyard los angeles: https://tr.im/rKTIh
  • Lee

Go to www.gazelle.com, I am not sure, but they are a computer recycle business and will probably know where they get rid of the usable parts.

OR

www.usedcomputer.com

www.sabcal.com/used_computers_los_angeles.html

or just google used computer parts losangles