Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 9 years ago

How does one achieve eternal bliss?

Thanks.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There's no simple answer. First, I want to say it's impossible. You can't live forever, and bliss and ecstasy is only experienced rarely. It's considered to be the supreme positive feeling.

How to achieve bliss and ecstasy: There are two things you need. First you need to decide to be blissful and ecstatic. Be willing, otherwise it will never happen. Believe it or not, people like being sad. It's an excuse to be lazy and unmotivated.

Second, you need to know how to be blissful and ecstatic.

You know how to be willing, but what you don't know is how to be blissful and ecstatic. This is why you're asking right? This is the best way I know how. Review each day, it's what psychologists do. Write down the time, what you were doing, how you felt, and any thoughts that are significant (The ones you that make you feel emotions)

Reviewing the day will tell you what makes you happy, and what makes you unhappy. Your thoughts will tell you what you want and desire. When you've wrote down the day, find solutions to the problems. Do what makes you happy often, don't do, or find a solution to things that make you unhappy... Use your intuition.

You can't achieve eternal life, but you can live longer. Eat healthy, exercise, and live a lifestyle that avoids cancer, heart disease, etc.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Eternal bliss? ... Let me count the ways ...

a] Understanding the self. Who is this 'I' that I call 'me'? "Who is the observer?" Huge question!

b] Learn to separate the real from the unreal, what is temporary and transitory from what is eternal and unchanging.

c] Quote: "Mind be still and know that 'I AM' God." Realize the Divine Presence in your centre of being.

d] Live in the NOW, not in the past or the future, or the might have been's in life, but be creative here and now in your daily life.

e] Let LOVE guide your thoughts and actions. Love is the greatest power in the world and we can learn to work with this spiritual law to bring about what is needed for your progress as a soul.

f] DO NOT tell God, "Give me this or do this for me so that I can accomplish 'whatever' it is you feel must be done. Just open your mind and heart and say to God "Not my will, but Thine", and you will be led towards what your soul-mind needs at this stage. After all, God the Infinite Presence knows what we are in need of before we ask. It is for us to open up to receive, and this we do through being positive, loving, and caring - not the materialistic way of fighting to get ahead and being competitive. Find God's presence and you'll know bliss. "Behold the kingdom of God is within you." (Luke)

g] It is God's Light and Love you seek, and not the praise of men or the mantle of 'goodness'. Even Jesus said, "Why call me good? Only the Father in Heaven is that", paraphrased here.

More later. - Best wishes!

• 9 years ago

Great question--I look forward to the answers. Here is my opinion:

Bliss can be achieved in a myriad of ways, but I think the primary way is to live with a heart full of love and compassion.

• 9 years ago

When you are truly content with who you are as a person. When you stop caring about what others think & live for yourself.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

By becoming a world class spy who thinks a tuxedo is good camoflauge

• 9 years ago

By being one with total love energy .

• grey
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

all depends upon ones definition of life

their own hopes and expectations

but mostly i think it has something to do

with peace within

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

stop objectivising.

stop making an object of things in your mind.

• 9 years ago

get to heaven

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.