do you agree with Swamp Thing being earth savior in Brightest Day?

I was really hoping it would be Abin Sur.

Seriously, nobody bought him back. And it would make more sense than swamp thing. Also, it would be similiar to Kyle ascending to Ion a god like being.

All of his fears turn true, so it would make sense for Abin Sur to overseas everything. And to find out sinestro went rogue, hal was parrallax?

What do you think?

Favorite Answer

I do agree with it, but then I am a fan of the magical side to DC and Swamp Thing's return fits in with where magic has been progressing in the DCU lately.

Plus, like the other dude mentioned, Swamp Thing is the avatar of Earth and it's kind of like the Earth itself is fighting back instead of being defended by aliens all the time.

It kinda fit with Swamp Thing's character. Being connected so deeply to the Earth, n' all. I mean, Nature is what allows for all life on this planet, and Swamp Thing is the one guy who's tied to nature COMPLETELY, and in a very literal sense. In that way, he really embodies the essence of the White Lantern - that is, to create life. Granted, Abin Sur would have been AWESOME to have as the saviour, but it honestly fits better character-wise to make it Swamp Thing, just going off of the character's history.

Great idea! Abin Sur would have been better. But they needed an excuse to bring Swamp Thing back.

Even back in the day, Swampy was more the protector of plant life, instead of all Earth's sentient lifeforms.