The end of the world rumors?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
So I heard yesterday in school that the world is supposed to end on May 21nd. I don't believe it's going to end but I would like to know where these ideas come from and if ...show more
Best Answer
It's all going to be okay. The world IS NOT coming to an end, and I'll bet anyone 5,000 dollars that on Dec. 22, 2012 it will look the same as it did on the 21st and the 20th.

Source:

It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (8)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • The Mind Of Clive Jones answered 3 years ago
    >> I would like to know where these ideas come from <<

Harold camping.

Some people will believe anything.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Pedobear answered 3 years ago
    Harold camping, a dumb mofo, days it will end on may 21. He said the same 17 years ago, but he was wrong.
    2012 was thought by the myans, Egyptians, Norse, etc. To be the end of the world due to a "desctruion" being.
    Scientist think the world may end in 3 trillion years because of the sun exploding.
    Population studiers think the world may end by overpopulation, but we would either have a bunch of us starve to death, and the remaining get more food, or we would eat each other.
    And finally, the Nuclear war scenario.
    Others thInk we will kill our species in WWIII, using chemical weapons.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • LaughsLikeGirl answered 3 years ago
    The world will NOT end this weekend. RELAX. Harold Camping, who mis-predicted the end of the world in 1994, believes that he discovered this calculation thing that says the world will end 7000 years after the world was flooded in the story of Noah's Ark. According to his theory, starting at 6 pm a whole bunch of earthquakes will go off and cause chaos.

The Bible says that the world as we know it will end, but the God and his Son will usher in a millennium of peace on, what is assumed to be, a rebuilt Earth. But just about everything man-made will be destroyed during the Tribulation.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • roar! answered 3 years ago
    I don't believe that the world will end on May 21.

If these "end of the world" preachers really believed in their own predictions, then they wouldn't pay their bills during the month the world is supposed to end.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Becca answered 3 years ago
    the world is not ending anytime we think it is, only the father in heaven knws
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Corey answered 3 years ago
    Basically some superstitious nutjobs have weird fantasies about everyone dying and decide it's not douchebaggy to fearmonger people into irrational panic. So, what were you saying about your 2012 doomsday fantasy? You know it's a demonstrable (and rather uncreative) hoax, right? You know that the handful of doomsday prophesies in the Bible (they're not all talking about the same one) have all already failed to happen. That's right, they were all scheduled to have happened 1900-2600 years ago. Each within a lifetime or so of when they were "predicted". And by "predicted" I refer you to my first sentence.

Source(s):

• Rate
    • Comment
  • Slap Happy answered 3 years ago
    May 21 is from Harold Camping, a Christian Televangelist preacher who has a large following in USA.

In other words a typical crackpot.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Mapplethorpe Grey answered 3 years ago
    This question has only been asked 6,025,529 times today. Use the search bar. ^^^ up there
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock