Cause Code 98 on a Sprint Phone?

Like 10 minutes ago, I tried to text some people and this popped up: "Error! Message to <phone number> has not been sent. Please try again later. Invalid Destination. Cause Code: 98.

Why in the world is it doing that? I googled about "cause code 98" and people were saying it happened to their phones too and it's because of a time change. Can someone please just explain to me about this "cause code 98", how to fix it, and what does it have to do with a time change? Thanks...

Best Answer

I first got the message about an hour and a half ago. Then I was able to send one message, but then I started getting the message again. Good news though: you can send a picture message (with your text ) and that seems to work...for now...

Source(s): Personal experience with an LG Optimus on Sprint

What Is Code 98

I believe this code varies from service to service but it is basically telling you a text was undelivered or there is a problem with the text you just tried to send.

I am physically sitting right next to someone that I tried to text and received

"(Cause Code :98)".

He is with Net10 and I have service through Walmart's SmartPhone utilizing Verizon's network.

The reason I got this code is because his phone is out of service.

Source(s): DEDUCTION: SINCE I AM RIGHT NEXT TO THE PERSON I AM ATTEMPTING TO TEXT WHEN "(CAUSE CODE: 98)" APPEARED
  • Rose

Im in MO and my Lotus wasnt sendin texts for a good 2 hours and it JUST started workin. Im almost tempted to pay the 200$ cancelation fee. Sprint has to many damn problems

• I got the message as well. It also said Error Class 2.

Same problem with my phone. I couldn't text, then i could for like a minute, and now its the same deal. i can still call, but no texts. its annoying :(

EDIT: its working now... lets hope it lasts.

Source(s): issues with my own sprint lg rumor 2

yea i broke my damn phone because i thought it was messed up! hahahah! if you send a picture text instead of regular text it will send though! just write your text in the subject box!

So, I'm not the only one...it's really annoying. Hopefully service will be back soon!

I have it too...I hear it has something to do with there being a national outage. All we can do is wait it out.

Mine is doing the same thing!

Source(s): Sprint lg optimus