Cause Code 98 on a Sprint Phone?

Like 10 minutes ago, I tried to text some people and this popped up: "Error! Message to <phone number> has not been sent. Please try again later. Invalid Destination. Cause Code: 98.

Why in the world is it doing that? I googled about "cause code 98" and people were saying it happened to their phones too and it's because of a time change. Can someone please just explain to me about this "cause code 98", how to fix it, and what does it have to do with a time change? Thanks...

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

I first got the message about an hour and a half ago. Then I was able to send one message, but then I started getting the message again. Good news though: you can send a picture message (with your text ) and that seems to work...for now...

Source(s): Personal experience with an LG Optimus on Sprint
  • 3 years ago

What Is Code 98

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

I believe this code varies from service to service but it is basically telling you a text was undelivered or there is a problem with the text you just tried to send.

I am physically sitting right next to someone that I tried to text and received

"(Cause Code :98)".

He is with Net10 and I have service through Walmart's SmartPhone utilizing Verizon's network.

The reason I got this code is because his phone is out of service.

Source(s): DEDUCTION: SINCE I AM RIGHT NEXT TO THE PERSON I AM ATTEMPTING TO TEXT WHEN "(CAUSE CODE: 98)" APPEARED
  • Rose
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Im in MO and my Lotus wasnt sendin texts for a good 2 hours and it JUST started workin. Im almost tempted to pay the 200$ cancelation fee. Sprint has to many damn problems

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I got the message as well. It also said Error Class 2.

• 9 years ago

Same problem with my phone. I couldn't text, then i could for like a minute, and now its the same deal. i can still call, but no texts. its annoying :(

EDIT: its working now... lets hope it lasts.

Source(s): issues with my own sprint lg rumor 2
  • 9 years ago

yea i broke my damn phone because i thought it was messed up! hahahah! if you send a picture text instead of regular text it will send though! just write your text in the subject box!

• 9 years ago

So, I'm not the only one...it's really annoying. Hopefully service will be back soon!

• 9 years ago

I have it too...I hear it has something to do with there being a national outage. All we can do is wait it out.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Mine is doing the same thing!

Source(s): Sprint lg optimus
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.