How can a student get a federal job in criminal justice?

I'm a disabled Criminal justice student looking to get my foot in the door of my career before I actually graduate.with in 2yrs.But im not sure how to go about it. I don't live in texas but i willing to move to san antonio for a good paying job in my field especially since there isn't much going on where i currently live.I know some what about "Schedule A" but still need guidance If anyone have any info please let me know



Im a amputee missing my right hand but im a lefty so i can write and type.

2 Answers

  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    It would probably be helpful if you could identify the nature of your disability.

    Federal criminal justice position are civil service positions, and there is a program specifically geared toward hiring disabled candidates for civil service jobs. It is necessary that you be capable of doing the job with reasonable accommodations though.

    You need to check for available positions with the Department of Justice. Specifically, the Bureau of Prisons, Customs, Border Patrol, ATF, etc. Unfortunately, the tough economy has forced most agencies to go on a hiring freeze so it is unlikely there will be much activity.

  • 5 years ago

    Criminal Record Search Database :

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.