Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 9 years ago

Can you cash a Bank of New York Mellon check?

Verizon sent me a security deposit refund. The bank is The Bank of New York Mellon. I looked it up and found out that they do a lot of treasury stuff for different companies, but they aren't like a normal bank. I know you can cash any check at your bank if you have the money in your account, but is there a location in which I can cash this check not against an account of mine? I don't have the money in the bank to cash the check, but I need cash.

Favorite Answer

Your bank will give you some of the money if you tell them you need it when you deposit the check, but you will need to go to a teller. Probably they would give you the first $100 - assuming your account isn't brand new. On new accounts they can hold all of it for a few days.

The Bank of New York Mellon is a clearing house bank. I've received dividend checks from various companies through The Bank of New York Mellon. The checks have always cleared with no problem.

where can I cash a check from The Bank of New York Mellon

BNYM is NOT a typical banking service center. You will NEVER be able to cash a check at any facility because they are offices, not banks. I know it seems confusing since BANK is in the name. It isn't. If you have a check drawn on BNYM, please take it to your bank for deposit. The check can be verified by calling (877) 484-0859. If you do not have a bank, then you can try using a check cashing service. Depending on the amount, you may have some luck, but, I would suggest just opening an account and using the check as your initial deposit.

• Julia

Reverse Phone Number Look Up Services

possibly

Source(s): my mind