Should i get rid of my dog?

I have a dog. Her name is Snuggles. She sleeps with me and the kids. She has never bit until today. 2 weeks ago i adopted a new small dog. Her name was Mickie. Today i had to go to a bday party and was only gone a lil while so i figured it would be okay for them to stay in the same crate. It was the first time i... show more I have a dog. Her name is Snuggles. She sleeps with me and the kids. She has never bit until today. 2 weeks ago i adopted a new small dog. Her name was Mickie. Today i had to go to a bday party and was only gone a lil while so i figured it would be okay for them to stay in the same crate. It was the first time i have ever did that. When i got home. Mickie was covered in blood & dead. It was my idea to put them in the same crate so i know its my fault mickie died like she did. Now im worried about my big dog to be around my 1 year old baby. What if she hurts my baby like she hurt Mickie. I dont want to make another mistake.
Update: Thanks for the advice everyone. oh and to the last person that commented about my hospital bills. I have already paid them in full.
Update 2: TO EVERYONE WHO HAD SOMETHING NOT NICE TO SAY ABOUT ME ....SNUGGLES IS A GOOD DOG THAT JUST SNAPPED DUE TO MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE NOT DUE TO ME BEING IRRESPONSIBLE. IM SORRY PEOPLE THAT I DONT KNOW EVERYTHING LIKE YOU GUYS THINK YOU KNOW. I CAME ON HERE FOR HELP AND ONLY VERY FEW PEOPLE GAVE ME ADVICE THAT I COULD... show more TO EVERYONE WHO HAD SOMETHING NOT NICE TO SAY ABOUT ME ....SNUGGLES IS A GOOD DOG THAT JUST SNAPPED DUE TO MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE NOT DUE TO ME BEING IRRESPONSIBLE. IM SORRY PEOPLE THAT I DONT KNOW EVERYTHING LIKE YOU GUYS THINK YOU KNOW. I CAME ON HERE FOR HELP AND ONLY VERY FEW PEOPLE GAVE ME ADVICE THAT I COULD ACTUALLY USE. THE REST JUST JUDGED, IM BEATING MY SELF UP ENOUGH ALREADY FOR WHAT HAPPENED AND DONT NEED ANYONE ELSE TO. PEOPLE NEED TO HELP NOT HATE.
THANKS HAVE A GREAT DAY.
Update 3: DID I EVER SAY THAT MY BABY HAD BEN OR WOULD BE ALONE WITH MY DOG. I THINK NOT. PEOPLE QUIT ASSUMING
Update 4: DID I EVER SAY THAT MY BABY HAD BEN OR WOULD BE ALONE WITH MY DOG. I THINK NOT. PEOPLE QUIT ASSUMING