promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Am I the only one that thinks?

That the recent horrific weather - tornadoes, floods, storms and wildfires - are due to God's anger at the current human population, who are so into technology and other things that they haven't paid him any mind more than ever?? What are alla yalls opinions on this?

35 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Nope. You are not alone. Divine Judgment Has Arrived. +++"A NATION WITHOUT GOD (Proverbs 14:34)

(Taken from The Preceptor and reprinted in The Bulletin on May 13, 1990.)

When the drafters of the Declaration of Independence wrote, "We hold these truths to be self-evident," they were writing of the kind of phaneros en autois ("evident in themselves") truths the apostle Paul was writing of in Romans 1:19. As a matter of fact, in Romans 1:20, the words tois poiemasin nooumena kathoratai ("by means of things that are made, are understood, being clearly seen") are the exact equivalent to "self-evident." Paul uses both of these phrases in the context of what men know naturally by natural revelation, apart from the special revelation revealed in God's Word. According to Paul, what can be known about God apart from the Bible is known by all men, because He causes them to know it. Therefore, all men are without excuse. But, although men know the truth, the Bible tells us they are bent on suppressing it in unrighteousness (cf. Romans 1:18). In other words, we can't expect our opponents to be honest. If they have to lie about this nation being founded upon the principle that there is a "law above the law" (i.e., God's law above man's law), then they will lie. For example, during the bicentennial celebration of the U.S. Constitution in 1987, I was appalled when, watching the proceedings on television, I heard the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance with "under God" left out.

This is made even more appalling when one considers that Thomas Jefferson, who a secularist would proudly call his own, is reported to have said: "The God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" Doesn't this sound like Jefferson thought the nation he was instrumental in founding ought to be a nation under God?

Furthermore, as recently as 1952, in Zorach v. Clauson, U.S. Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas wrote, "We are a religious people whose institutions presuppose a Supreme Being." If an extremely liberal Supreme Court justice can understand this, then why is it becoming so difficult for people to understand that ours is a nation that was founded by our forefathers to be under God? In truth, it would not be difficult at all if it were not for those who "suppress the truth in unrighteousness."

In Psalm 11:3, the question is asked, "If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?" Of course, when the foundations are destroyed, the righteous are made a prey of the wicked. Consequently, the very purpose of government is the protection of the righteous or law abiding. In other words, Government is ordained by God as a mechanical remedy against evil (cf. Romans 13:1-7). Thomas Jefferson clearly understood this principle, and so must we if we are to keep the "unalienable rights" endowed us by "our Creator." Jesus Christ is sovereign of the universe. Consequently, His law is above all laws and all men everywhere are subject to His authority. Many earthly authorities have not understood this. Consequently, they have not heeded the wise counsel of the psalmist, who said: "Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, and you perish in the way" (Psalm 2:11,12).

Currently, the political walls of atheistic communism seem to be crumbling. Perhaps we are privileged to be observing His divine providence at work in these matters. But, even if we are not, let the men and women of all nations soberly reflect upon the eminent advice of Proverbs 14:34, "Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people."

The reproach (i.e., disgrace and shame) openly being manifested in America today is indicative of the fact that we are quickly becoming a nation without God. Frankly, what this means is that the continued existence of this country is at stake. It may be that God usually judges individuals at the end of time, but the Bible clearly teaches that He judges nations in time. In Romans 1, the apostle Paul gives the four step decline in the history of the nation that forgets God:

1. A nation rejects God,

2. it turns to false religion,

3. it becomes bogged down in immorality and violence,

4. and then God judges it.

Consequently, a nation without God is a nation in serious trouble.

As a people (I'm speaking now of God's people), let us be actively engaged in doing justice and righteousness, and let us be praying that there is still enough salt left to preserve the blessings of God upon this nation.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

No you are not alone.

My opinion? It is because of technology that we are even noticing all this stuff. These things have happened in the past, and yes they have been very devastating and horrific, and will continue to happen in the future. With recent technological advancements it is much easier to get breaking news from around the world and so the world finds out about these things much faster than ever before. Not to mention with the shifting global politics, people have their noses in everyone else's business all the time.

I'm not going to worry my little head about natural weather phenomena... Now say a freaking magnitude 8 earthquake hits England, the middle of Africa is hit by an outrageous blizzard, Siberia faces a massive drought/heat spell, and the Middle East faces massive flooding... Yeah then I might start to worry about God and his wrath...

• 9 years ago

So, was it God's anger that caused the dust bowl? or the chicago fire? How about the spanish influenza?

Thanks to technology we live in a world where we get more information quicker about things like these tornados and floods and etc.

• 9 years ago

my accounting of the weather conditions in my country for the last 60-70 years in the past may not be considered as an opinion but as a witness and actual experience. my country is geographically located in the Far East specifically between the South China Sea and the North Pacific Ocean slightly above the Equator. during the last 1941 to 1990 i have seen and experienced the impact of strong typhoons (packing strong winds of 250 kilometers/hour and storms with floods and strong earthquakes but no tsunamis, but tidal waves happened in other countries. but after the 1990s i have seen flooding that covers the rooftops of one-storey houses and earthquakes that toppled structures and roads and bridges, powerful volcanic eruption that cover a large part of the province and nearby province with ashes and only recently wild forest fires and tsunamis during the 2000's period bringing havoc to the countries affected. not to mention various kinds of plagues such as different kinds of deadly viruses and bacteria called HIV AIDS, H1N1 virus, swine flu, bird's flu and cancers, to name only a few.

i am reminded of one of the prophecies of the Lord in Matthew 24: 21 "for then there will be a great tribulation such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall."

but its very sad that the reaction of most of the answerers of this question was that of mockery. may be because of the lack of knowledge about God and His word and prophecies. it is stated in the Holy Scriptures that it is impossible for God to lie in Hebrews 6: 18 in order that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, .......

let us not ignore carelessly the prophecies of God in the Holy Scriptures/Bible. there is great benefit people can expect in obeying and keeping the commandments, gospel and teachings of God as taught and preached by the Lord Jesus Christ and His apostles and prophets and subsequent messengers of the Lord!

thanks be to God and to God be the glory!

Source(s): the Holy Scriptures/Bible and the website: http://www.mcgi.org/en
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

You are not the only one, but natural disaster are nothing new, they have been happening scince the world begun. Even at a time when people had no technology to distract then from paying him mind.

Syria, Aleppo - 1138

Earthquake kills 230,000 people

Japan, 1181

A famine wipes out at least 100,000 people.

Egypt and Syria, 1201

The deadliest earthquake in history hit the eastern Mediterranean in July 1201. Approximately 1.1 million people were killed, mostly in Egypt and Syria. This makes it close to one of the ten worst natural disasters in recorded history.

Netherlands, 1228

Estimate: 100,000 lives lost from the flooding after some dykes broke.

Netherlands, 1287

The Zuider Zee flooded after a seawall callapsed. At least 50,000 people were killed in Holland and more than 500 in England as a result.

China, 1290

Earthquake takes at least 100,000 people.

Most of Europe and beyond, 1347-1350

Approximately 25 million lost their lives through the "Black Death" - the bubonic plague. Between 25 and 33% of the entire population of Europe at that time, plus millions in Asia and North Africa lost their lives.

China, 1556

Earthquake in Shansi, China kills about 830,000

China, 1642

Flooding takes about 300,000 lives.

Spain, 1649

Plague takes about 80,000 lives in Seville.

Western Hemisphere, mostly 16th - 18th centuries

Untold millions of lives of American Indians were lost through the various sicknesses brought over from Europe (to which they had no previous exposure or resistance.) It's very difficult to get figures on this that are not politically infected one way or another (very high or very low).

China, 1556

The second deadliest earthquake was in the Chinese province of Shaanzi on February 2, 1556. It killed 830,000 people.

England, 1665

More than 100,000 lives were taken by the plague, London was worst hit.

Japan, 1730

Earthquake took the lives of some 137,000 people.

http://across.co.nz/WorldsWorstDisasters.html

Source(s): I think therefore I am Atheist.
  • 9 years ago

Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Gal 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

• Mike L
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

No, it would be more wide-spread than it is. A lot of the world is not having issues with weather. Our communications are much better than they were years and years ago, so we are consistantly more aware of these events, more so than we have in the past. It only seems like it is worse, but it is nothing unnatural.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Man has been given more power over this planet than we know. We actually are the navigators of this physical universe and our unwillingness to take control of our own emotions are what cause these so called natural disasters.

• 9 years ago

I think thast all these signs are warnings of the soon return of Jesus Christ for His people. However, satan, the great deciever has peoples minds blinded to this fact because he's also looking to take more people to his home...hell! People need to read Matthew 24 and Luke 21.

• 9 years ago

nope it's just the end coming near. The global warming is melting the ice burgs which applies too much pressure on the sea floor from the melted water causing earthquakes and floods and weather changes.

• 9 years ago

No it's due to climate change that the Earths weather system is becoming more unstable not a deity. And as somebody all ready said these things happen every year.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.