Is Portal 2 worth buying despite the short length?

I've heard excellent things about Portal 2 but have heard that depending on your puzzle solving skills, the single player campaign can be finished relatively quickly (8-12 hours). Is the experience and co-op enough to warrant paying full price for the game or should I wait till the price goes down? I'm a college student and am constantly strapped for cash and can only really afford to buy 1 game a month on top of all the other things I have to pay for. LA Noire is coming out and I'm torn between LA Noire and Portal 2 as I can only afford 1 game. Please help!

Favorite Answer

Portal 2 is a rare game where you can not trust the reviews. It has an incredibly high score on Metacritic, but reviewers do not have to pay the premium that regular retail customers pay so they are not as likely to give game a negative based simply upon length. I beat Portal 2 in about 5 hours. Also, I expected something more than a bunch of larger, more complicated puzzles. I kinda wanted to fight the Combine from Half Life 2 with a portal gun...

That said, the price for Portal 2 is already $20 lower than it was before so if you have the cash you could just buy both for $100 total.

Portal 2 is an excellent sequel to Portal 1. It also has one most fun co-ops of any game I have played in the past several years. Strongly recommended. Personally, I think the shortness of the game works to it's advantage. Many games with such a simple idea that go on longer tend to grasp at straws later on or hang around in limbo for a while and get boring or tiring.

I'd get L.A. Noire if you have to choose one. It has more story and the play time is much longer. Plus you get to drive many different vehicles and add missions. I also think the game will have more DLC than Portal 2.

Source(s): LA Noire Review by Adam Sessler http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/51451/la-noire/...

It is a great game and very satisfying check out this review. As for LA Noire going to review that soon so check back

yes i definetely recommend portal 2..i just finished the campaign and its sooo good...or you could get la noire if your more of a gta kind of person.theyre both the same kind of game....figuring out clues...for you i would recommend la noire