? asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 years ago

Looking for songs about your dad leaving you for a new family.?

I need a song about your dad leaving you for a new family,or just a song about a dad leaving his daughter. Please help im making a cd to put in his mailbox and i need some songs to get him to know how i feel.

• Best Answer

Lindsay Lohan -Confessions of a Broken Heart

Frankie J- Daddy's Little Girl

Pink- Family Portrait

Christina Aguilera- Hurt

Wayne Newton- Daddy Don't you walk so Fast

Luther Vandross- a house is not a home (the glee version makes more sense in this case)

GlasVegas- Daddys Gone (when he leaves)

Good Charolette- Emotionless (if he leaves/or for like a divorce)

As the Cities Burn- The window (its like a guilt trip song)

I dont know I was in the same situation and these are the nicest songs i could think of...I ACTUALLY TOOK TIME TO TYPE & THINK OF THE SONGS AND ARTISTS. I should totally get Best Answer. Sorry for your situation hope things get better.Good luck

Songs For Your Dad

"I'll Always Remember You" and "Wherever I Go", both written by Miley Cyrus.

I know a lot of people don't like her, and I wouldn't call myself a Miley fan but those two songs are actually pretty touching and both songs are written about experiencing big changes, which is sounds like you are also experiencing. Hope I helped. :)

Source(s): Not a huge Miley fan, but I have both of those songs on my Ipod as they have powerful messages behind them.

There's this song called "Knives Out" by Radiohead. I hope that's an alright song with you.

Check out "Had a Dad " by Jane's Addiction.

• Erika

while i am long gone - eminem. thats approximately him being long gone from his children and household. uhm, confessions of a damaged center by way of lindsay lohan. nobody particularly likes her track that a lot however it is truthfully a particularly well music.

"Hey Dad" by good charlotte

"The story of my old man" by good charlotte

LOL sorry them are the only ones I know

• amanda

Only one I can think of is

Father of mine" by Everclear

you tube it and see what you think.