Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What do people mean when they say their ship is canon?

For example if someone says they ship sam winchester/dean winchester and they say it's canon, what do they mean?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It means the original work supports that particular ship. If two characters are seen, or at least implied to have hooked up in the original work, then the ship is canon.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw610

Shipping is any couple that one pairs into a relationship. (Relationship -> Relation"shipping") Crack pairing is any pairing that makes absolutely no sense, story wise (For example, let's say Goku and Frieza in Dragonball Z. This pairing would make NO sense, but I'd bet you my right foot it exists on the internet somewhere). Canon means true to the story. Two people who are actually together in the story (not just suggested that they like each other or anything like that, truly together) is a canon relationship.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What do people mean when they say their ship is canon?

For example if someone says they ship sam winchester/dean winchester and they say it's canon, what do they mean?

Source(s): people ship canon: https://tr.im/CzOxq
  • 1 decade ago

It's a relationSHIP that has gone CANON. Personally I'd call it married, but the world seems to have moved on from the simpler times of the past.

JoyeuxNoel did a wonderful job of explaining it in a blog entry a few years back.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Canon: official pairing, they are lovers/married in the story. Crack pairing: characters that almost never interacted with each other, "impossible" or bizzare, yet fans pair them together. Shipping: when you pair two characters together, for example :"I ship Kanda Yu and Lavi from D.Gray-Mam" it means that I support this pairing.

• 6 years ago

It means that their ship or pairing is together. They are officially together.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.