Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What are the basic rules of couponing?

I don't want to go extreme like that show, but I realized I'm missing out on some perks of using coupons.

For example: if I have TWO "Save $1 when you buy 3" coupons for the same products, can I only buy 3 and use both coupons, or do I need to buy 6? When can you use two coupons for the same product?

What stores in Southern California double coupons?

Any other basic tips?

Favorite Answer

You would need to follow the coupon exactly. You would need to purchase two sets of 3, so a total of 6 items. One coupon per deal.

For using multiple coupons on one purchase. You can use one cents of coupon per deal. You can then add a buy 2 get one free coupon.

Candy bars are 50 cents each.

You have 3 coupons for .25 off one candy bar.

You can purchase 3 candy bars and use 3 .25 off the purchase of 1 candy bar coupons.

Then you can add to that: 1 coupon for buy 2 get one free.

So you would pay $1.50 for 3 candy bars. (Candy bars are .50 each)

Then take off .25 x 3 (coupon) less .75.

Your total is now .75 for three candy bars.

Now subtract the buy 2 get one free candy bar. Less .50 for the free bar.

Your total price would be .25 for 3 candy bars.

You used a total of 4 coupons for the purchase of 3 candy bars.

You cannot combine cents off coupons for the same purchase

You CAN combine a cents off coupon and a buy one get one.

• ?

Couponing Rules

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What are the basic rules of couponing?

For example: if I have TWO "Save $1 when you buy 3" coupons for the same products, can I only buy 3 and use both coupons, or do I need to buy 6? When can you use two...

Source(s): basic rules couponing: https://tr.im/QsuJI

Mountaingirl,

In your example of having 2 "Save $1. . . " you would generally have to buy 6 to get the $2 in discounts. The exception to this would be in you being a regular customer at the store you're using the coupon at AND a sales clerk who is really helpful. The store has to back up the number of coupons they honor with an appropriate inventory of the product. (i.e. we collected 200 coupons, yet only ordered 500 units through the manufacturer).

Couponing is great! It is well worth your time in getting to know the system. I've never been able to get the same results seen on the TV show where you end up making money by shopping, but have saved a lot of money.

You've probably heard recently advertisements about "Match it". Look for the store that offer to match the printed price of another store. That's the way they are attracting you as a customer for other products they may not have on sale. Take advantage of it to save gas (here it's over $4 per gallon (northern CA).

Safeway has gotten better in their couponing. You don't have to clip coupons, just go online with your grocery list. Check the brands you buy against the offers they have and load the coupon price right on your Safeway card. When you check out, you get the discount and have saved the effort of the clipping, itself.

You can also join some coupon clubs. In that way, you can take advantage of more discounts and possibly order online for home delivery without going out of the house to shop at all. Why would you do that? I don't know . . . maybe to save the hassle of lines and having stack of coupons in your hand you need to go through. These types of clubs may be able to get some super buys on products you never would have guessed. (i.e. At over $4/gal for gas, I've taken advantage of the couponing idea to get 72 gallons of Shell gas for $100)

Hope this helps.

Larry

Source(s): 1) Safeway Just for U program - http://www.safeway.com/IFL/Grocery/Offers-Landing-... 2) Coupon group - http://www.tryqsave.com/LarryC600
  • Roddy

Usually when it's a 'save when you buy' it's only good for that one deal. You can't use two for the same deal, you have to buy the 6 if you want to use the other coupon.

Save your coupons for when an item is on special. Also take advantage of any 'loyalty card' your store may offer. Often when you buy certain items you get x amount of dollars off your next purchase. Just keep close watch on when a coupon expires.

I have linked to a Twitter account below that looks for freebies for you. I just got a free wallet from a tobacco company. If I don't like it I'll sell it on eBay!

• Lu-Lu

yes you would have to buy 6. You have to check each stores policy about doubling coupons. Look on the clearance rack and see if you have a coupon for that product.

The MOST IMPORTANT RULE is not to go overboard. Clip coupons for the product that you actually use.

Here's a website that I found yesterday:

http://financiallyfit.yahoo.com/finance/article-11...